Lakka + RPi 4 - SNES very slow and choppy

PSX is fine, but I can’t figure out on a fresh installation why this is happening. RPi3 was also fine with no tweaking needed. This is the latest build. https://photos.app.goo.gl/rKCqEKRc2rHmhMwU6

Which core are you using? Have you tried any others?

I’m on a rpi3+ with a fresh install today and bsnes is unusably slow, much slower than even OP’s video. Super Mario Kart is unplayable for example.

Has bsnes ever run full speed on a RPi3? I’m pretty sure snes9x-current is about as high as you can go.

Good to know, thanks I’m brand new to Lakka.

Since I can’t start a new thread and it’s not documented, can you tell me how to switch out of the current game? I am rebooting my Pi every time I want to switch games because I don’t know how to get out of the current game. On my old RetroPie setup I would just press Select+Start but that doesn’t work with Lakka and I can’t find any other key combo that does it.

It’s F1 on your keyboard by default, but in settings > input > hotkey binds, you can set a menu toggle button combo from the list of predefined options, including start+select.

It wasn’t sens9x 2010, which I’ve now changed it to and it’s working perfectly thank you! My old install always defaulted to sens9x so haven’t seen this issue before so now I’ve learned something about cores!

1 Like