Last Update broke Flycast

Raspberry Pi 4

After last update Flycast it’s not loading any game, it restarts itself, tested with Soul Calibur and Shhenmue, on past version everything was working perfect, rest of the cores seem fine.

I found that won’t go past the Sega Logo on the Windows 64 Bit Version with Flycast

@DaveTheMan1985, the Windows 64 bit version seems to be running fine on my laptop. I tested Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi - both made it into gameplay with no issues.

Not sure about the Pi version issues, however @Juakin

I tried Power Stone 1+2 and Sega Marine Fishing.

I try to load now but the .gdi File does not come up.

This what comes up now

Don’t know why that has just Changed today.

Update:

I just Re-Downloaded/Updated the Flycast Core and all is fixed now

Then Tried it on my other and Main Gaming Computer and got the Issue of it getting Stuck at the Sega Logo.

Here is the Log File when it Crashes/Stops:

https://pastebin.com/8WSFeShD

Can you maybe fill an issue on the Flycast GitHub repository?

1 Like

That is a Good Idea. Just go do it now

Are you loading your games with the flycast_libretro core or the new flycast_gles2_libretro core?

(from your log:)

[ERROR] Requesting OpenGLES2 context, but RetroArch is compiled against OpenGL. Cannot use HW context.
[INFO] [Environ]: SET_HW_RENDER.
[ERROR] Requesting OpenGLES2 context, but RetroArch is compiled against OpenGL. Cannot use HW context.
[ERROR] Failed to load content
2 Likes

I using the Normal Flycast Core not the _gles2 pne

Strange, i got the same error with the gles2 core on regular RA (not angle) but not with the normal flycast core. Tested gl, glcore and d3d11 (on d3d11 flycast crashes but gl and glcore are working fine)

1 Like

I went and asked on the Flycast github and Thanks to @flyinghead that issue was with my VMU’S.

So had to deleate some of them as think they are Corrupt as

1 Like

That’s great to hear!

This was fast :slight_smile:

1 Like