Launch script from Menu

Hi, is there any way to add a custom menu item to RA menu? I’d like to launch a system script from the GUI. I have Lakka setup in dual boot config and would like to have ability to quickly reconfigure the bootloader and reboot into other OS.

There’s a third party core called libretro-bash-launcher that you can manually build and sideload into lakka that will allow you to run scripts.

The github repo is easy to find with Google.

1 Like

This looks really good. Thank you!

Alright I managed to get libretro-bash-launcher working. A few notes:

• it’s easy to build no external dependencies
  • you have to run Run the script as if it was a game
  • you can add scripts to favorites
  • you can scan a folder of scripts into playlist with Manual Scan then edit playlist file to add pretty display names
  • if you add something to PATH in ~/.profile it won’t be taken into account here so remember to use absolute paths for extra stuff like ~/bin
  • launching scripts acts a bit funny because there is video mode switch when core is started and stopped
  • it takes quite a bit longer for reboot script to restart the system compared to when it is executed directly; the core even returns to menu for a few seconds before restart happens

Overall it’s not a bad hack although having direct scripting support in RA would be a lot better!

2 Likes