Libretro/docs

Theres been a few updates to the docs site…bparker and markwkidd have been adding Netplay, compilation and troubleshooting documentation.

We are getting there.

Any requests?

1 Like

All Atari cores have now been added afaik.

I my try and do Emux to pick up the last gameboy one in my android online updater list.

If anyone has any thoughts on the docs core library it would be nice to hear comments

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience with the overrides system? I haven’t spent too much time in that part of RetroArch myself.

https://github.com/libretro/docs/issues/48

Ho, You miss at least one as I didn’t see atari800 core listed.

1 Like

Um what core is that in online updater @r-type?

atari800 is Atari 400, 800, 600 XL, 800XL, 130XE, 5200 Games System I don’t thinks it’s on updater ( as recipe is missing)

related forum entries

1 Like

Cool…that looks to have some good documentation.

So currently theres no core for download? I would say low priority myself if its not readily availiable

1 Like

yes no core as no one write a recipe (simple as it only require make platform=XXX)
maybe 2/3 in years if it’s the same delay than the hatari core …

I have no clue how all that stuff works…shame because it means its out of reach for the normal user

Things get done when they cant done

I’ll try to get it added. Are there any others that you have ready to use that aren’t getting built automatically?

2 Likes

thanks @hunterk !

atari800 is good as it work fine with Atari 8bits software(games/demo) and support A5200 games too. also at least i think cap32 is missing on windows too. if I remember other cores missing, I will pm you.

1 Like

Great job, looks a fairly involved doc.

There is a google doc with some handy info for naming and bits. Did you want adding to that?

Here is the link

PM me your gmail and I can give you edit access

Im not sure on those things. As they were listed with API i guessed they mean something to devs.

I guess the option to have retropad with anolouge is just to have options. Many systems dont need or support analouge sticks.

@esoptron teplate is looking good now. I done a couple of small edita globally.

Will probably start hitting some more cores over next few weeks.whats your plan?

Come across this post and thought its worthy of a docs page.

I will try and add it this week if time permits (if i complete enough of Tony Hawks 2 that is)

I would like to propose a change to the “Feature Support” section of the Core template.

Here’s my suggestion:

1. Rename the existing “Cheats” column to be “RetroArch cheats”, more precisely defining the information that is already conveyed in that column of the template
  2. Add a new column next to it named “Native cheats” to convey that the core in question has cheats that are accessed the same way as its upstream/standalone version. Arcade cores in particular.
  3. (optional) Eliminate the sentence above that table: “These are libretro features, not frontend or standalone emulator features.” This sounds like it means something or is helpful, but I think it actually doesn’t mean anything. IMO if the table in question is incomplete or out of date for a certain core, there should a note saying what the problem is, like with a problematic wikipedia page.

What do you think?

Im not confident on any of the feature table so wouldnt like to comment. Sorry bud

Do what you feel is right im sure it will be fine

Added a PR for making themes

And the playlist guide is nearly online