MagicHat's OrionsAngel Mega Bezel MAME Arcade Setup

I didn’t have time this past weekend to work on these as planned. I just knocked out pack 5 horizontals tonight which leaves about a dozen or so vertical ones from pack 5 left.

Fun fact… I have a total of 1,337 individual .params files in this pack which covers all the various different versions and regions of the 192 total games in OrionsAngels collection (ones he specifically made for the MEGA Bezel).

As I explained before, all of this up front work that I’ve done to create these params files per game is to benefit the community so they can simply just extract the main folder where it needs to be and it covers everything out there for these games regardless of the version you might have downloaded or set to launch as your own default. I hope others find it useful because it was a pretty time consuming project I took on!

Hopefully I’ll have this all done in the next few days and get the first post cleaned up and update the download links.

2 Likes

Really hard work. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Version 2.0 is ready to rock!!! See the original post for all the new details and new download link.

@Orionsangel @HyperspaceMadness @ArsInvictus

6 Likes

@Duimon @K-rnivoro @Cyber @hgoda90

4 Likes

@MagicHat, the pack is missing the Final Fight images.

2 Likes

Sure is! And I see it in my recycle bin next to a few other files I deleted at that time. Good catch and thanks for relaying that. :+1:

2 Likes

No problem. I only caught it cause Final Fight is my go to Arcade game.

1 Like

Oh, I remember those days. Mashing that attack button with Cody was so satisfying!

1 Like

How to fix this? Game is Horizontal and overlay is Vertical:

[Aspect Ratio] Orientation just has to be set to 2, Vertical under parameter settings until MagicHat can fix it.

Mine loads OK on my end when the proper configs are in place as outlined in the instructions (unless I’m missing something else needed on my end not included in the setup steps). Are you both using a core preset that points to the Multigame.slangp file?

Maybe @HyperspaceMadness can help me understand more how these 3 group settings work together and specifically the (Also Auto Ratio Fallback) portion. This params file only includes HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_EXPLICIT = “1.243301”.

Orientation = Auto (0) on my end is working AOK.

I was loading the Multigame preset manually on my end. I went ahead and tested different cores and none of the MAME displayed properly while Final Burn did.

So you’re saying yours doesn’t load properly either? I’m not an expert on how the various different shader parameters work together specially when it comes to ones that are said to “auto” do something. To me it seems like my included HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_EXPLICIT = “1.243301” is actually being used for “Auto ratio fallback” and maybe others not getting the same?

Yeah, it was displaying horizontal on MAME but vertical on Final Burn.

The Explicit Aspect Ratio is used for auto or explicit type. Orientation is solely a value that is on its own determining the orientation of the game screen.

1 Like

So the question is why does mine load fine but not yours with MAME? Is there any other configs on my end I might have in play that are making mine behave this way vs yours or vice versa?

The Alternate Renderer setting makes it vertical but it isn’t wide enough to fill the graphic.

It seems like I had to set Burger Time up as vertical with a different aspect ratio than normal… but that’s just off the top of my head.

edit Actually, no… just vertical auto.

“vertical auto” meaning which specific settings in the shader parameters?

Vertical orientation and auto aspect ratio.

Welp, I’m not sure exactly why I’m AOK on my end when I have:

Orientation - Auto

Type - Auto

Explicit Aspect Ratio (Also auto ratio fallback) - 1.24 (1.243301 to be exact from .params file)