Mednafen PSX Software or HW Cores can't load Brigandine - Grand Edition (Japan)

There’s a translation patch in PPF format that fully translates this game from Japanese to English, the original Bin+Cue works fine, but after applying the patch, Retroarch crashes with a runtime error. I checked if it was a problem with a broken bin file, after patching it, I tried loading with epsxe, the game loads fine, I tried loading the same game, also patched in android using PCSX-R Rearmed core, it loads fine. I also tried patching the game with Rom Patcher for Android, to make sure that it wasn’t a problem with PPF-o Matic for windows, the resulting patched Bin worked in PCSX-R Rearmed, but didn’t work in Mednafen PSX, nor Mednafen PSX HW, with the same runtime error.

I have other PSX patched games, most translations to English, and they work fine.

Can someone find a way to make this patched game run in Mednafen PSX?

use ECCREGEN to fix ecc/edc errors on psx disc after patching. if it still will not work in mednafen psx core but work in other psx core or standalone emulator, then you probably need to recompile it from source and use the other cdrom driver included

I’ve seen you suggest this a few times regarding these errors, can you elaborate?

Hey man, thank you very much, ECCRegen fixed two ecc/edc errors in the first disc, and 4 ecc/edc in the second disc, I merged both into a pbp, tested both discs using the open tray option to make sure everything was OK, now I can play it without problems.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, just wanted to say thanks. Wertz you’re amazing, you’ve solved so many problems. :slight_smile:

I had to download your alternate core from this thread Mednafen PSX core issue with patched games

to make it work, but it works.