Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Some experiments with the overscan and tube effects and Duimon’s great preset and graphics:

I have a soft spot for this one because we the Mac 128K when I was growing up

6 Likes

That looks great. I used to play a bunch of Mac 128 games when I was a kid… actually some of the first games I played maybe… Enchanted Scepters, Deja Vu, Ultima 3, etc… Are you using MiniVMac there?

4 Likes

Heh, I don’t have it set up so this is just the image viewer with a pre-existing image, but I’d like to be able to get it set up again to be able to play Shadowgate and Dark Castle 1&2 sometime.

2 Likes

Shadowgate is a good one. I really like the world builder games like Enchanted Scepters. I got them set up in MiniVMac… once you make the hard drive it’s super easy to use. I use the standalone though because the core version has a lot of problems. It’s one of the standalones I have been wanting to get working in WindowCast.

2 Likes

Ah, so you want to go visit this guy?

This also seems familiar:

5 Likes

I just noticed that there seems to be a game in Arcade that splits left and right in one screen.In this case, what kind of arrangement or preset is the best? dual screen?

1 Like

How can I change the perspective like that? I only see one preset and it is much more zoomed in! Would love to see the entire psp like that

1 Like

That’s some serious nostalgia. A friend of mine had one of those, way back in the day, and I remember the external hard drive being so loud and chirpy.

1 Like

@HyperspaceMadness this one is for you my man.

I love that this channel constantly shows love to RetroArch/Libretro and the members here.

14 Likes

Awesome to finally put a voice to the avatar :beers:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, I love the channel guy’s voice and an interview with one of my favorite shaders creator is a cherry on the cake.

4 Likes

Oh yeah most definitely. I knew this guy’s channel would eventually get bigger in time, now his channel is becoming one of the “go-to” channels for RetroArch related stuff. He makes the content and in return we get more traffic directed our way and it’s a all around beautiful thing.

3 Likes

:100: I do like how clear and concise things are explained, and the vibe is very relaxed/relaxing 10/10 a thumbs up from me :+1:

4 Likes

Hey guys. I am using the Duimon-Mega-Bezel pack and I keep getting a load failure error when trying to load any of the Atari Lynx presets (Advanced, Standard or Lite). All of the other shader presets seem to be working great. I may to change some settings on my end. Would appreciate any help. Here is what the log says:

[WARN] [Shaders]: Could not load root preset for #reference entry: “C:\Users\19494\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Packs\Duimon-Mega-Bezel\res\scale\Atari_Lynx$CORE-REQ-ROT$.params”. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: “C:\Users\19494\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Packs\Duimon-Mega-Bezel\Presets\Lite\Atari_Lynx\Lynx-[STD]-[LCD-GRID].slangp”. [ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: “C:\Users\19494\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Packs\Duimon-Mega-Bezel\Presets\Lite\Atari_Lynx\Lynx-[STD]-[LCD-GRID].slangp”. Falling back to stock. [ERROR] [Config]: Failed saving config to “C:\Users\19494\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg”.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting here, it is much easier to provide support here than on YouTube. :grin:

I think it is likely you are using a version of Retroarch older that 1.15.0.

The Lynx presets use the newer Retroarch wildcard feature to provide automatic rotation.

Are you able to load the “Lynx_Alt” presets?

1 Like

23 posts were split to a new topic: Which gpu is best for the Mega Bezel

Greetings @HyperspaceMadness, not sure if this is a bug or a feature but none of the presets in /Variations/Screen-Only folder have MBZ_ at the beginning of their filenames.

This is in version 1.14.

Yeah this was on purpose to make the names shorter since they are variations rather than base presets

1 Like

Another question if I may @HyperspaceMadness. I would like to choose the optimal Display Gamut for my TV. I see in the [Color Tweaks]: there’s Display Gamut.

I think DCI might be a good option for my display since I believe it is a wider Gamut than sRGB and should be supported by my display, however a bit lower down there’s also [Signal & Color Space]: Display Color Space which also has a DCI setting.

Previously, I think I had both options set to 0 - sRGB. Would it be correct to set them both to DCI if I wanted to correctly enable this expanded display gamut?

Without fully underhand what I’m doing, setting Color Tweaks, Display Gamut to 2 - DCI and setting Signal & Color Space, Display Color Space to 1 - DCI seems to look okay. All of a sudden the colours pop a little more but not in an oversaturated manner. Edges also seem clearer and possibly a little brighter.

Is it that I am only now beginning to experience the full potential of my display?

I think you would only want to use one of these, the one is from Guest’s color correction and the other is from Grade.

3 Likes