Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

oh!! I hadn’t noticed because after deleting the old version and copying the new version I loaded the shader without remembering that I should set the ASPECT Ratio Type to explicit! you’re right! the shader aspect ratio issue has disappeared and no longer needs user action! :heart: Thank you it’s a luxury that you share these shaders

2 Likes

Hey @HyperspaceMadness, thanks for the awesome new version of your shader pack ! I just wanted to say that I tried the new PCSX2 core that is now available, and the Mega Bezel logo is upside down with this core.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Thanks for pointing this out, I’ll may need to put in a flip parameter for the logo, although, is the background upside down as well?

If you load the Night preset from the variations folder you should see this more easily. If it is upside down then you might just need to use the vertical flip options near the start of the parameter list to get everything right side up.

@Tromzy Hey Tromzy how did you get PCSX2 to work? I’m been trying to run a game but it keeps saying failed to load content. Does it need to be specific video driver?

Anybody knows performance in this new PS2 Core? Regarding it, notes by Libreto here:

https://www.libretro.com/

EDIT: Basically you have to bring all contents from original PCSX2 to Retroarch system folder, exept executables. Dont forget create bios folder e provide valid files to it:

My question is whether video settings from internal PS2 menu affects the image quality with shaders preset. Yes, you can start the Core without a game disc and change the settings in the original console menu e uso OpenGL to render.

I changed the display mode to RGB in the console’s internal menu. I found it quite shiny. :sunglasses: If more people can test the combinations, it would be good to find the best look.

Here, less serrated, using the preset Smoothed-ScaleFX_Horz_Only__MBZ__2__STANDARD

Hey @HyperspaceMadness, do you have any recommended shader for PS2 games ?

1 Like

Is there a version in 2560x1080? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hmm No, not particularly, I would suggest Guest-Venom though because it has good settings to deal with interlaced content, e.g. averaged scanlines, etc.

Other than that you could try out some of the ideas I mentioned to before for the PS1 stuff. An other option you have is you can use the fake scanlines which come on after the vertical resolution is over the threshold parameter.

I haven’t played a lot of PS1 or PS2 games with RetroArch, so someone else might have some better suggestions :wink:

3 Likes

The shader will work on any monitor, just set the RA video aspect to 21:9. You’ll have to come up with your own backgrounds ATM. If you have any image editing skills, I imagine most of my graphics could be split in the middle. If you scaled the bezel to the edge of the screen you would have this.

3 Likes

PCSX2 has much better performance than Play! :grin: but it is pretty buggy right now and requires glcore. :frowning_face:

Oh, and it does need to be flipped. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll edit some :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was testing some PS2 on the PCSX2 and i have to say really impressive! The only thing that i noticed was the input lag, seems quite high.

3 Likes

I loaded the Night Preset and it is indeed upside down ; flipping vertical viewport works for the Night preset, but for the regular preset, it flips the whole screen (including the game picture).

2 Likes

So it’s likely you need to use both Flip Viewport Vertical AND Flip Core Image Vertical to get everything right side up.

Did you try both parameters?

1 Like

Yes I tried both at the same time but it’s still upside down. It is the same as having both parameters disabled.

1 Like

OK, so both at the same time gives everything right side up except for the Mega Bezel logo?

Yes, exactly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did not have this issue when I tried. (See my screen shot.) I only needed the one parameter.

1 Like

Hey guys, just a question. Some games have bad centering by default. In the shader option, is it possible to just move the game image (not bezel/frame). For example :

Just want to move the game screen to the left to be centered. Hope you understand my english :wink:

1 Like

Yes, using the cropping in the shader’s scaling section. See my most recent post in my thread, The CPC Dizzy game was really bad. I’ll add a shot from before the cropping.

The cropping… you can expand the screen but i don’t want to change the ratio. only move to the left, not enlarge.

There’s no negative’s value then impossible with Crop Overscan Right to go left.

1 Like