Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Thank a lot @guest.r!

1 Like

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.097 2022-01-05 Rev 2

Changes:

• Added Mask modes to Render Simple Presets, only Bezel and only Frame @duimon requested
  • Updated CyberLab Presets

See last release for links :grin:

10 Likes

That was a pretty quick update

Hi guys,

Can someone explain why when i load a preset, i’ve the resolution 1195x897 ? By default it would be 1195x896 no ?

1 Like

Hmm, is this something you’re seeing in the resolution debug?

If so can you post a screengrab of this?

1 Like

Hi! I used this shaders some times ago, then stopped playing retro games for a while. I had some issue with screen zoom, but I didn’t really search why. I wanted to play again, so I updated Retroarch, I updated HSM too, and… I still have this problem. On Mega Drive and Playstation, the height of the screen is good, but I don’t understand why the width of the background is a little different. But nevermind. The big problem is when I play with NES, the screen is really small ! I have to manually set a zoom… Is there an option I didn’t found to scale everything to fit my screen resolution?

I have Retroarch 1.9.14, Windows 10, resolution 1920x1080, GTX 1060, cores used are Nestopia, Genesis Plus GX and Beetle PSX HW (I used SSAA for this core, but nothing on the others).

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I just noticed this, I think you need to change your Retroarch Video Aspect, my guess is that you currently have it set to PAR.

So try this:

• Set Video / Scaling / Aspect Ratio to Full
    • This will match your monitor aspect aspect ratio
  • Set Video / Scaling / Integer Scale to OFF
2 Likes

Sorry for the rather ignorant question, but I am at a loss here. I am trying to use SOQUEROEU Tv backgrounds and it is trying to reference a file that does not come with the package: #reference “:/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets/MBZ__2__STD.slangp”

Is there a reason the MBZ2STD is missing from the package or am I just overlooking something here?

Thanks for the help in advance, truly appreciate all the effort put into this pack!

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

@soqueroeu’s pack is not yet updated to the latest release. This reference line is referring to something from before all the base presets got resorted and renamed.

I think he’s planning on updating to the latest sometime soon, but I’m not sure when.

4 Likes

Oh my god, I SWEAR to you I followed all instructions and did this too!! But I didn’t saved the video options and it wasn’t set to Full… :weary: Now it’s ok, thank you a lot!! I love so much theses shaders, I wanted to find a solution, and now I can finally enjoy it! :heart_eyes: Thanks again! :blush:

2 Likes

Screenshot what i have by default after choosing a preset:

If i want 1195x896, i have to modified these values :

Non-Integer scale % : 82.97 (to 82.77) Non-Integer scale offset : 100 (to 100.20)

1 Like

I swear this was discussed about a year ago. The screen ratio is actually not 1.33 but 1.33333333333 etc. I think @hunterk weighed in and said that the reported 1 pixel screen size difference could be safely ignored. (It is a debug bug not an aspect discrepancy.)

1 Like

How do you get this screen with the configurations displayed?

2 Likes

Just change the value of the second parameter “Show Resolution Info” to 1 and the text will appear :partying_face:

5 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.098 2022-01-08 Rev 1

Changes:

• POTATO now uses Global Brightness & Gamma
  • Renamed Parameters for consistency with Guest Advanced params
    • HSM_GAMMA_OUT_CRT -> gamma_out
    • HSM_GAMMA_IN_LINEARIZE -> GAMMA_INPUT
    • HSM_POST_CRT_BRIGHTNESS -> post_br
  • Updated to crt-guest-advanced-2022-01-07-release1
  • Added GLASS__LCD-GRID presets because why not :wink:
  • Fixed Downsample blur amount in ADV presets like Smoothed-ScaleFx
  • Fixed Text not updating when Core Resolution Sampling Multiplier changed mentioned by @cyber
  • AB Splitscreen Compare
    • This should help with tweaking and comparing back to before adjustments version
    • Choose different portions of the screen, Left, Right, Top, Bottom
    • Freeze Mode for the tube so you can freeze one side and adjust other parameters to see the difference
    • Freeze Mode for the Graphics so you can freeze one side and adjust other parameters to see the difference

HERE ARE THE LINKS!

Shader Package Approx. 15 MB

Extra Examples Package

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• You MUST use Retroarch Version 1.9.8 or Later (It will fail to load on earlier versions)
  • If you have previous versions of the Mega Bezel installed:
    • Delete the old Mega Bezel stuff from shaders/shaders_slang/bezel
    • Inside the .zip is a bezel folder, copy the bezel folder into your Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang folder
    • The final path to the Mega bezel should be Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel
  • Set video driver to Vulcan
    • It will run in GLCore but seems faster in Vulcan
  • Some users have run it successfully in D3D11 but with a slow load time
  • Set Video / Scaling / Aspect Ratio to Full
    • This will match your monitor aspect aspect ratio
  • Set Video / Scaling / Integer Scale to OFF
  • Set Video / Output / Rotation to Normal
  • Set Settings / Core / Allow Rotation to OFFImportant for FB Neo
  • Load a preset in the shaders menu, Mega Bezel shader presets are found in:
    • shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets
  • When you save a preset make sure you have the Simple Presets feature set to ON
    • This will save a preset with a reference to the preset you loaded plus whatever parameter changes you made
    • This will keep your presets loading properly when the shader updates in the future

AB Compare CRT Frozen

AB Compare CRT and Graphics Frozen

LCD Grid Glass

15 Likes

Those new features, especially the freeze one’s, are priceless! :star_struck:

7 Likes

You read my mind on this one. I was actually thinking about requesting this just yesterday!

Thanks for the update! I’m in the middle of another preset overhaul and I love how things are looking so far! I basically applied what I’ve learned from doing my Computer Monitor presets to my other older presets with beautiful results.

Here’s a sneak peek!

9 Likes

Wow this is a really cool release. Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Testing one of the backgrounds v2:

5 Likes

Led Layer Brightness at 100 image

Led Layer Brightness at 200 image

Little difference, but I still prefer the second option, it seems more authentic to me;

3 Likes