Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

For this, if you want your stuff to appear behind the frame and shadow then you will want to use the bezel image, if you want them to appear on top of the shadow/bezel (and independent of the background) then you would want to use the overlay image with everything transparent except for the logo, control scheme & arcade flyer you are adding.

1 Like

I will try it. If I have a sucess I can share the files.

1 Like

I’m not sure about this white bezel

4 Likes

I’m kinda a fan of the white bezel.

1 Like

Here is the pack for the Neo Geo https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsuPG_t4-2LNhqlRbdc6qN5z_UOKSQ?e=fqc8rj

You can excract to the root folder of the retroarch. the config files for each game are inside the folder /config/core/.cfg*. You should rename the /core/ folder to the name of your core (Mame, Mame 2016, FB Neo, etc).

The overlay cfg files with all the images are inside the /overlays/ folder. It should work withou the need to rename anything.

The background img to run with the shader is inside the folder overlays/_Default/background.png.

In any case I left the preset of the shader with the HSM configuration inside the folder /shaders/presets/FinalBurn neo/Arcade FBNeo.slangp.

If you would like to change the control information on the overlay just look for the file /overlays/SNK Neo Geo MVS/control.png.

If everithing goes alright for you guys I will make theses overlays for others systems.

4 Likes

Latest update is up 2020-03-26

Changes:

• Reflection Noise in corner is blended out as it goes towards the corner
  • Vertical Scanlines and Integer scale always integer scale both directions
  • Images are renamed to be more clear
  • paths to files have been adjusted so files can be copied & pasted into another top level folder inside shaders_slang (like presets) and still work

I don’t think any parameter names have changed, so existing presets should still work.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. Noise looks great now that the corner highlights are clean.

I think the shader is perfect (for me) now, all the issues i cared about are ironed out. Only thing left IMO are other improvements that don’t have to do with the shader effects themselves. Like loading times (dunno if this can be improved) and being able to use your previous preset for every update, at least from now on (my last preset didn’t work btw for this update). It’s a heavily customizable shader with lots of parameters and it takes some time to re-adjust everything.

3 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it and finding everything you need.

1 Like

Hey, I took your “Now Featuring” feature haha, and added some other image I had. Love it. Also created another candy cab thing to go with my red Hori Vewlix controller. Couldn’t be happier:

I’m sharing some console images to go with this shader if someone wants them: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-mrwUdXyMNsyrA4rO8WNIyBoH9dGnrgs

2 Likes

Nice, thanks! Would love to see Mega Drive PSX and N64 as well, it would be complete then!

SNES, NES and Genesis are looking great now, I think I prefer Easymode for all of them! Can’t get PSX and N64 looking like I want it though. Any ideas? Cheers!

Uploading PSX and N64 (and DC and SMS), just some quick idea I had. I may revisit this, I’m too tired now :frowning: .

3 Likes

Beautiful!! I’m working on this featuring msgs for the overlays like: now your playing with power and blast processing gaming.

2 Likes

Oh man, can’t wait :smiley:

Latest Update to the Shader is up! Version 2020-03-28

Changes:

• Bezel Color Hue is now a value between 0 and 360 per request from @Duimon because it just makes sense!
  • Fixes to Cropping, there is now a parameter to adjust the brightness of the negative crop/overscan area
  • Gamma Adjustment at the end of the CRT pass which is placed by the black level adjustment so you can put in a negative black level then do a gamma adjustment after the CRT shader, let me know if this is helpful.
  • Textures are reduced to 3840x2160 (and renamed to match)
  • Texture scaling mode set to Fit Height to help with people adding their own textures with less adjustment in the texture. I think the texture might also load faster because it is smaller
  • Fixed bad reflection mapping in the corners
  • Added Final Aspect Ratio to the screen scaling debug so you can see what aspect ratio you got after having the integer scale on both axes
  • Cleaned up the Slangp files so they don’t have extra stock passes in the middle, only the ones at the start are left which are there so people can slot in their own de-dithering/composite/ntsc/etc shaders

Standard (No Cropping)

With Negative Cropping (Overscan) and Black Level Adjustment

With Negative Crop Brightness adjusted

8 Likes

Is there an option to adjust the play area size inside the screen without resizing the bezel?

Basically, the ability to add borders in games like the ones for Master System?

FWIW, I used a combination of the non-integer % slider with other settings to do this.

I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for but along with the inner black line setting I think you could make it work.

6 Likes

Thank you. This black level will be great.

1 Like

Do you mean to add space inside the tube area, or the black line outside the tube area?

Inside the game screen. Like how many games have black borders on top and bottom? The same thing.