Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

That’s awesome, glad you’re enjoying it, Thanks for sharing!

It’s great to see that it can be tweaked for the look you are going for :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any other feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the LCD-Grid!! Looks amazing.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if it the corner noise needs to be removed outright (as it does look slightly artificial without, it’s a hard job maintaining that fine balance between realistic and functional), but it would be nice being able to adjust it. (Though I know parameters are limited, lol.)

Have you had a chance to experiment with my suggestion for the parameter count? I understand you’ve been busy putting out fires so to speak, lol.

1 Like

I’m loving the cool things you can do with all the different parameters

2 Likes

Yeah you can get almost a glassy look like this:

Although it starts to show where the seams are in the mapping of the area outside the screen :wink:

2 Likes

I need to re-review the list of parameters to see what could be possibly removed from being editable

2 Likes

What settings do I need to change to make hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-crt-guest-sm-GTU.slangp look like this?

Great!! I’m working in something similar. Could you share the dimensions or the mask that you are using?

1 Like

Edit:

• [CURVATURE MODE] Curvature Mode - Set to 1 or 2 if you want smooth reflections at the corners
  • [SCREEN EDGE] Screen Edge Sharpness - 1
  • [BG IMAGE] Opacity- 0
  • [BEZEL] Opacity - 0
  • [BEZEL] Width - Large enough to fill the screen
  • [BEZEL] Height - Large enough to fill the screen
  • [TUBE] Black Edge Thickness = -0.25
  • [TUBE] Black Edge Curvature Scale = 1
  • [TUBE] Tube Edge Shadow = 0
  • [FRAME] Opacity - 0
  • [BEZEL] Inner Edge Thickness - Increase this
  • [REFLECTION BLUR] Max - Reduce to a low number, 0.1 or 0
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Amount - 1
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Samples - 4, Increase if looks too crunchy
  • [REFLECTION NOISE] Sample Distance - Play with this to your taste
  • [REFLECTION GLOBAL] Global Amount- Increase this, possibly to 1
  • [REFLECTION FADE] Fade Amount - 0.3 or some other low number
  • [REFLECTION AMOUNT] Inner Edge- Increase This
  • [REFLECTION CORNER FADE] Corner Fade - 0
3 Likes

I’m actually just using GIMP with a base 3840x2160 wallpaper and then working from there. No templates or anything fancy actually, just took a screenshot with the bezel once I had the measure I wanted and then edited my picture, added layers, etc. After that I saved a copy of these presets within Retroarch and then edited the path to the image background.

3 Likes

Do you replace de transparent or the carbon image?

4 Likes

They are probably replacing the carbon image which is the bezel image which goes UNDER the reflection, the transparent image goes OVER the image.

I should probably rename these files to help make this clearer.

4 Likes

Exactly. I’m doing that, replacing the carbon image. I actually change the path to another image, to something like this:

4 Likes

Nice one!!

I will tune the bezel color and share it here!

3 Likes

Awesome Diego! I’m out of ideas for arcade cabs… I created some silly super simple candy cab image but I don’t know.

1 Like

I did something more complex. I wrote a code in jave that read the xml from launch box and build the config file and the bezel files for retroarch for every game. The bezel file have a logo, a control scheme and the arcade flyer.

I’m thinking about a background of the shader to use with these bezels from the code.

6 Likes

If you want you can try the “Blend Color with Image” parameter to get your gradient to show up on your frame.

3 Likes

That would incredibly awesome, to add the box art on the fly to those console backgrounds we have…

1 Like

Thank you! I have been checking that but I love the solid color option you added :smiley:

1 Like

Man that’s AWESOME!!! Nice Job!

1 Like