Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

The thing is that it used to work.

And I’m no “Retroarch noob”, I’ve been in this scene for a couple of years. But none of my presets (.slang) nor the ones from here (.slang too) are loading properly.

What is quite weird is that all my shaders that doesn’t use a “Bezel” are running fine! But loading a Shader with the reflection bezel just doesn’t work, and none of the layers seems to load.

But I may be doing something wrong, because here’s left and example of how the Shaders that work are written, right, one that doesn’t work :

It isn’t quite diferent isn’t it ? ^^ Maybe I’m loading them from a bad place or something in my settings will avoid them to load?

Seeing that I have more than 8TB of configured games… I’d like to avoid a full wipe of my retroarch.

The biggest difference is the path depth, but if you’ve installed them to the paths you mentioned you should be good.

My worry is that you can’t load any slang shader. Can you post a log?

1 Like

Yes please :grin: if we can get a log we should be able to figure out what’s going on

Yes! I’m doing the log asap, but, quite weird, some of the shaders now seem to work, do you prefeer a log for every situation, or I can make a log where I test various shaders at a time?

2 Likes

Likely we’ll only need one log and it should point us in the right direction to figure out the problem

2 Likes

Maybe make it a log of a Mega bezel preset? :innocent:

1 Like

Well (sorry for the double post)

But I’m starting to think that my Retroarch refuses all the Shaders that have more than 50 layers, what shouldn’t be hardware related because I have a pretty high end computer.

This would explain why ADV-GLASS / POTATO (and another with less than 50 which has a name that I don’t remember) work.

Here’s my log.

1 Like

Here’ the first thing.

Exceeded maximum number of parameters

If you are using your windows box to generate the log, it will need an updated version of RA. Versions before 1.9.8 have too low of a parameter limit.

Let’s try that first and see what happens. :grin: Hopefully that is the only issue.

2 Likes

Let’s update then… But it’s weird because those shader presets worked a couple of months ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, the shader is a different beast than it was last year. :wink:

I think this will solve your issues.

5 Likes

CASE CLOSED!

Thank you very much to all of you for your kind help. What happened is that messing around with my backups, I rolled back my Retroarch.exe.

Now everything is working like a charm (even better than before eheh). God bless you all.

7 Likes

When I use any of these, it takes several seconds to load. Same when going out of fullscreen, it hangs for a few seconds before the splash screen loads. I feel like this shouldn’t happen given my setup If it matters, i’m using a Ryzen 9 5950X for the CPU, a 3080 for the GPU and a Gen4 m.2 SSD for OS storage where RA and the Mega Bezel files are stored

2 Likes

What Video Driver are you using? The recommended one to use is Vulkan and if the core doesn’t work with it than GLCore. Vulkan is best since it loads the fastest with it. Other than that the graphics will always take a few seconds to load.

I used Vulkan, even making it the default in the config file

Depends how many seconds you are talking about, I think I wait a few seconds for it to load. It has lots to compile every time it loads (which I think also happens when you go to/from full screen) it recompiles all the passes, which is a lot of passes, there are like 44 in the advanced preset :wink: and depending on the preset it will also load a number of images, often at 4k. The compiling I think is CPU bound as well, not on the GPU.

4 Likes

@guest.r’s Uber Deconvergence is on it’s way :grin:

9 Likes

Excellent! Just when I disabled deconvergence on all my new presets! Lol

That was quite deliberate though. I’m liking these perfectly aligned RGB “phosphor” triads for now.

Is that Sonkun’s preset in the examples?

1 Like

lol I had a 27" Zenith that looked like that in '97. Takes me back :thinking:

4 Likes

No, this is just mask 2 or 3 and lots of deconvergence

1 Like

Need your light @HyperspaceMadness (dunno if i’m out of topic)

I’m testing mix Retroarch (HSM shaders) + Mame (specific Neogeo artwork) for Neogeo MVS to use the cartridges choice with light, credits on Cpo and animated joystick.(I know, I’m a bit crazy :smile:)

The shader used is MBZ__5__POTATO.slangp and I was wondering if it could be improved somehow All ideas are welcome Neogeo_test

marquee et cpo only :

5 Likes