Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Hi, your community folder should be in Retroarch/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community_Collections/

Right now I think it is inside shaders_slang

3 Likes

If you look at the path it’s fine in shaders On the other hand, if you think it’s
shaders-slang, it’s because I did something stupid on other files.

2 Likes

I think you did something odd with the other files. All the standard retroarch shader stuff should be in Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang

E. G. Your bezel folder should be here: Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel

You also seem to have it named bevel instead of bezel

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me when I used RTSS & Afterburner. You have to use the built in FPS counter in RetroArch to get the correct FPS displayed when you press Fast Forward.

1 Like

Exactly, someone had to say that. It’s been quite some time since I last updated and I didn’t feel any need to. Loading these retro games started to become a chore sometimes as it was taking more than the usual for the games to start, specially if testing different systems/consoles, so the potato presets (I don’t care about reflections) are still bearable.

2 Likes

You were absolutely right again!! I am getting 478 fps using the RetroArch FPS notification

2 Likes

Hello I will start from 0 it will be easier because I had to make a lot of mistakes

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hello @HyperspaceMadness, i must say this is the coolest shader project i have ever used. One year in now and i can never go back to static bezels again. Combined with Duimons bezels its just a downright masterpiece. I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. I do have a simple question. I do a GIT pull every week or so for updates to HSM and just wanted to clarify whether or not im getting a stable release when i do that. I’ve read in a few places that its the beta build, if i pull from this url am i getting the stable version of HSM?

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m really glad you are enjoying it!

When you pull from here you get the latest that I’ve committed to Github. This will have stuff that isn’t yet released as stable will always be at least as recent as the stable.

3 Likes

Thanks @HyperspaceMadness, exactly what i wanted to know.

2 Likes

The Mega Bezel is now introduced to the world (or at least more retroarch users :rofl:)

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-introducing-the-mega-bezel/?amp=1

14 Likes

Excellent selection of example photos!

5 Likes

Congratulations! And well deserved! So exciting to see your project on libretro.com!

4 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness, congrats on Mega Bezel becoming official!

I’ve been playing around with version 1.0.001 and I noticed that if I set a vertical aspect ratio with HSM_ROTATE_CORE_IMAGE, the halation doesn’t rotate with it properly.

This is the unaltered FBNEO-Vertical__STD.slangp preset, with halation at 0:

but if I increase halation to 0.4, this un-rotated ghosting appears:

And trying to rotate any NTSC presets gets me this:

I was previously using version 0.9.097 and never had this problem. Is this a known issue?

4 Likes

Thanks!

Ooof! Thanks for pointing this out! This is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed! I’ll try to get this fixed quite soon.

Probably I’m not using my special texture sampler function which takes into account the rotation when addressing the halation/blur pass!

Thanks for the Feedback!

5 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/rmdbEPIATJA?feature=share

2 Likes

well deserved, friend. Cheers!

4 Likes

Greetings @HyperspaceMadness,

Do you think it might be a good idea to include a summary or a little note of my findings here to serve as an indicator of the minimum tested hardware requirements to run the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader?

I get a number of questions from users asking if their device would be able to run HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader so who knows it might inspire them to try first if they have an idea of the baseline and which preset it works with from the get go.

Many users seem to think they need a really powerful system in order to run the shader and it seems as though it has gotten a slight reputation as a heavyweight from earlier impressions of the software.

4 Likes

I think it’s a good idea to have some info available for this, but I think the info is really needs to be a table for what is the minimum requirement per scenario.

The performance is mainly affected by a few things

• Type of preset
  • Core resolution
  • Final output resolution

If we give a minimum for GDV-MINI Potato, this is not going to be the same minimum for other presets, and we could end up misleading people. Because for example the SMOOTH-ADV is the most demanding preset especially at 4K and is going to have a different minimum requirement.

After the survey we might have some good information about what people are using. If we could collect a number of data points about the performance of specific presets at specific output resolutions, and taking into account core resolution.

This could give people a clear picture of what performance they can expect for what usage.

If you want to collect some specific performance for specific combinations of hardware, preset and resolution it could help this effort.

4 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness gotta give it to you, it’s at a point where emulator YouTubers are talking about your project, it’s definitely prime time now. That’s amazing and I got to witness it grow to this point:

https://youtu.be/QgHQsrOGMN0

4 Likes