Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

@Duimon Perhaps, you can make and share a small video clip showing the exact steps you would like @RetroGames4K to carry out and report back. That would leave less room for ambiguity.

Although @RetroGames4K is communicating quite well, I don’t think English is their native language.

2 Likes

Can you do me a favor and make a video of how opening, adjusting the preset and saving it? I’d just like to get a picture of what actions you are doing.

Also I’m assuming you are on windows?

5 Likes

Ok, I will… And Yes, I’m on windows 10.

4 Likes

Well I’m bilingual, I’m From Spain. I speak better than I write, and also I read better. I understand most of English, and I can have a fluid conversation without any issue, also I have a good accent, but I lack a bit of grammar. I think it’s my weak point… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Looks great! Se ve chingón! Saludos desde México

2 Likes

Here is the video. I started from 0. New game, no preset, and saved with new name… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the video, this helps a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So you accidentally turned OFF Simple Presets, maybe you pressed the button twice when you went into the page.

You absolutely have to have this on to get a simple preset saved

I also noticed you are using Apply Changes. Apply Changes should only be used when you are changing passes, which you don’t ever need to do unless you are creating your own presets, (e.g. changing pass shaders, pass scaling, which you shouldn’t do with the Mega Bezel)

5 Likes

Yes, you are right, I had it off. I maybe did it accidentaly. Thanks a lot :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s been quite a while I wanted to talk about this game, in fact there are at least four New 3D Golf games for the Japanese Mega Drive and this is probably the first game that I think of when the word dithering comes up.

So much so, even after setting mp adtapt to 3, psx box blur and GTU ON and NTSC composite (core options), I still think it’s not quite there, but I doubt even on a real CRT it would look this good, even using RF signal.

I often see the same examples such as Earthworm Jim, Sonic and Streets of Rage 2, so here is another game for shader devs to take a look into. Please open the screenshots in full size.

3 Likes

Hello guys,

I was checking out the new Retroarch 1.11.0 release and now all cores work just fine with Mega Bezel presets except for Swanstation, that one takes a lot of time to load and then nothing, it does not take the shaders. Do you happen to know why is this happening?

Intro Animation Can be customized and turned off”

Where can i find the function turned off? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you post a log?

I tried with internal resolution turned up and it failed but worked fine using a DREZ preset.

I am going to assume that is the issue.

1 Like

It is in the parameters group at the end of the Mega Bezel stuff, just before the Guest parameters.

or you can save a game, core, or content directory preset and add the line…

HSM_INTRO_WHEN_TO_SHOW = "0.000000"

to the file.

3 Likes

Interesting, I wonder how that game looks with my composite presets. I’m not home at the moment to test it though

Have you tried Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_Composite_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt or Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt from my CyberLab Custom Blargg NTSC Video Filter Presets?

These are now available in RetroArch 1.11.0 in the Video Filters folder as Blargg_SNES_Custom_Psuedo_MD_Composite.filt and Blargg_SNES_Custom_Psuedo_MD_S-Video.filt.

1 Like

Here is a shot with a your “04-crt-guest-advanced-ntsc-slotmask-j-warm-composite” stripped of passes and paths and used as a second reference to HSM’s “MBZ__1__ADV__GDV”. (Using the new RA feature.)

I turned off both Hyllian CB - Reduce parameters and it looks pretty good.

BTW I am using Hyl + Stripes parameter.

3 Likes

I did try it now, I actually didn’t know about these filters and I’m sure they’re going to be useful, both with and without the Mega Bezel, It does work to some extent but, the dithering in this game is so heavy I can’t say it’s much different from my previous screenshots.

I have to say it does indeed looks pretty good, better than my attempts, for sure. Personally I’d prefer less or no curvature, but even so, zooming it in gives a convincing CRT feel.

Is this preset available only in the lastest Mega Bezel updates?

1 Like

The log would help, also when you open a game in swanstation, can you go to the video driver and check if it is still set to Vulkan or Glcore?

Oh wow I didn’t know it’s now possible to use my latest shader pack with the mega bezel project with the latest RetroArch, that’s excellent news and it looks like @aorin1 likes the look as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, I looked at your presets and most of them seem almost 100% compatible except the Composite, the Composite has the extra out-tweaks and Mame-ntsc passes at the beginning, which will obviously result in a slightly different look.

2 Likes