Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

No Hybrid but I have a DS horizontal layout.

There is no reason a hybrid cannot exist. (Even if the core doesn’t support one.) I’ll add it to my todo list for a future project.

BTW. Even though the end result is horizontal, with the Mega Bezel you need to use a top+bottom layout in the core.

6 Likes

Snes with Mask 11, Flat and Curve… This mask needs to upper integer scanline, because vertical lines will look streched in normal integer… But it looks nice this way, even on 1080p screens… :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m having an issue on Arch. After upgrading to RA 1.12, I’m crashing during shader compilation using Duimon’s presets.

The issue seems to be a missing .slang file due to a shader path change?

Error:

[ERROR] [slang]: Failed to open shader file: “/usr/share/libretro/shaders_slang/bl urs/shaders/royale/blur9x9.slang”.

MBZ_3_STD_GDV.slang references that blur here:

// Reduce resolution ---------------------------------------------------------------- // Reduced to a very small amount so we can create a blur which will create a glow from the screen // Mipmap option allows smoother downscaling shader24 = …/…/…/…/blurs/shaders/royale/blur9x9.slang mipmap_input24 = true filter_linear24 = true scale_type24 = absolute scale_x24 = 128 scale_y24 = 128 alias24 = “BR_MirrorReflectionDiffusedPass”

// Add Diffused glow all around the screen ---------------------------------------------------------------- // Blurred so much that it’s non directional // Mipmap option allows downscaling without artifacts shader25 = …/…/…/…/blurs/shaders/royale/blur9x9.slang mipmap_input25 = true filter_linear25 = true scale_type25 = absolute scale_x25 = 12 scale_y25 = 12 alias25 = “BR_MirrorFullscreenGlowPass”

The actual path is: …/…/…/…/blurs/blur9x9.slang

After I make the path change in MBZ_3_STD_GDV.slang the preset works!

@HyperspaceMadness I wasn’t sure if you wanted this type of thing reported on your github, so I started here…

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any notes that referenced this change…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah the blurs were moved in the main shader repo. The latest Mega Bezel matches the new paths.

It looks like you still need to update your main Retroarch shaders by using Online Updater / Update Slang Shaders inside Retroarch.

1 Like

Yes, I updated shaders within RA as a troubleshooting step.

Should I not be using Mega_Bezel from your github?

Yes this is fine, both are updated to the latest retroarch shaders repo organization with the blur shaders in the “blur/shaders/royale” folder.

ah, found the root problem… :man_shrugging:

[ERROR] Download of ‘shaders_slang.zip’ failed: Write failed.

@HyperspaceMadness have you ever considered making a second git-branch for community pull requests?

I’m sure when path changes like this are made it takes not a smol amount of time to make all the necessary edits! I would, and I am sure there are others who could lend a hand and help out from time to time :smiley:

We all think you are doing the Lords work here… :+1:

1 Like

So if someone wants to contribute to the Mega Bezel they can do a PR to this repo like normal.

About path changes, once you have the slang files updated all the paths should be correct.

I may see about including this blur file with the Mega Bezel package since it is probably the only file not distributed like this.

Is there any difference whether I update my slang shaders from within Retroarch or download the mega bezel package here, unpack it and place the contents in the requisite folder in Retroarch? In short, will I get more shaders if I do the latter? I updated my slang shaders within retroarch, but I’m not sure whether I have all of the Mega Bezel shaders now. Wasn’t there a Guest Venom variant for instance? I cannot find it anywhere in the Bezel slang folder. Thanks for clarifying!

PS using the very latest Retroarch by the way, 1.12

1 Like

No there is generally no difference.

Deleting the Mega Bezel package and bringing in a new Mega Bezel package is actually the cleanest thing to do, because the update slang shaders does not clear out old files,so it’s possible that some obsolete files can stick around.

This doesn’t cause a problem for the Mega Bezel package functioning, but it could leave old files around.

1 Like

Just so you know. The shaders in the root “Presets” folder “\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets” have names that don’t reflect the parent shader derivative.

The shaders in “\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\Base_CRT_Presets” do. Every shader with “GDV” in the name is a Guest variant, based on a newer version of the shader. The “GDV-Mini” are a lite version of Guest based on a very old version of the shader.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot HSM and Duimon!

2 Likes

I played around with the extra layers and other settings like the hum bar , it now is just slighty fast scrolling …looks really great i would love to show it in a video but anywhere i upload it the hum bar effect just get lost xD anyways i now have an awesome light flicker on it

oh and thanks since i start using this i got lost in retrogames again for weeks now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I made a mame Setting. I like it :grinning: What do you think? :thinking:

3 Likes

Even for old movies & shows i now use retroarch …now i would love a improved videoplayer core with youtube support :star_struck:

7 Likes

Any chance to get this shader for ReShade?

5 Likes

It’s not planned at the moment, it would be a really big undertaking and I’m not sure if reshade has all the required features.

2 Likes

Would be nice to stream some matches in fightcade with your shader.

5 Likes

More Mega Drive pics…

1 Like