Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

This might be a start:

if you need some arcade cabinets as background just load a preset with one and disable or swap the background to pure green , than you can cut them out without any problmes and build an backgroud from it ^^ like these …

thats how i build them …

i also would let more space than an cab image may take …you can the background cabs, later with the split image scaling option “push over” without any stretching etc.

3 Likes

With your pack, though, you have a folder with multiple background images and another with different cabinet images. Do you have a way of interchanging these without having the cabinet frame baked into the image, or am I misunderstanding how it works? I was thinking if I could change the background scene and the cabinet frame without having to make new images if I wanted to do so that it would save time. Thanks again.

2 Likes

that would be to much images you can only add so much with the shader and you need the spacee maybe for led stuff etc , i just needed to other cuz tetris against tetris would be boring …so i made variatons for the 2 cabs that are on my main background

2 Likes

You have quite a few layers to work with.

• Background
  • LED
  • Device
  • Device LED
  • Decal
  • Cabinet Glass
  • Top Extra

In addition, as long as you maintain that hierarchy, each subsequent layer can follow the scale and position of any previous layer.

Also, every layer shares the vast majority of parameters (With only some default settings being different.) so even an “LED” layer can be used for something like a cabinet etc.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input, guys… I’m thinking over the best way to tackle it.

2 Likes

New feature coming to add the Sinden Lightgun border with a parameter in the Mega Bezel.

Thanks @p3st for collaborating on this with me and doing the needed testing!

Here it is with one of their overlays

It seems we can get away with a pretty thin border and it also doesn’t need to be ultra bright, though of these things can be easily controlled by shader parameters.

7 Likes

Now that’s amazing man. You’re creating history with every update.

4 Likes

every system / core that has an lightgun option works flawless with with this .

:grin: i will test this on my brighter presets today , to see if it also works with this thin border.

also works well for WII stuff btw

4 Likes

the thing is i already used the most so i prefer and just suggest to not make the background out of three single images ^^

1 Like

yeah brighter presets are no problem

i also made the device and bg even brighter before …and it worked even with my pc monitor overlay

as long the white frame is still the brightest part of the image it´s easy going

best thickness is 2.00 like on this pic

it will work with just even 1.00 if the room and the preset/overlay is dark

nothing to say more at the moment :grin: :+1:

@HyperspaceMadness maybe you should after you release it inform the guys from sinden that this is a thing maybe they add this to their wiki :slightly_smiling_face: cuz its way eaysier as their method that i didn´t even try cuz this idea

4 Likes

I agree. If they decide to add it to their wiki it would be great exposure for the shader.

4 Likes

one thing i might add----please let the option this far on top :rofl: i am lazy you know

but yeah this shader needs to be spread around , its an allorund thing and you just improve it each time you touch it

4 Likes

Yeah, that was my thought as well, for a user which has just loaded this up and then wants to use the lightgun making it easy to find is pretty important.

Ah, thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, it’s hard to resist!

Good thing it’s not software for launching space ships or we’d be in trouble :rofl:

5 Likes

thats OR elon would be left behind

you should be fine anyways you are above spacemadness :rofl: (each time i think on ren and stimpy)

4 Likes

Ha ha, that is the origin of the name:

4 Likes

ha i knew it :rofl: so now i search for a way to get that dammed video card from the cdi emulated maybe with mame i must play thunder in paradise …i just have to :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Man, this is cool. I’m going to have to cough up the money for one of these guns before long.

1 Like

Since I don’t use all the available layers, I started working last night on separating everything into a default background, bezel, backdrops, etc… remade my default presets and generic bezel and started tweaking the presets so that very little needs to be done for each machine.

It took a lot of time to get this set up, but I can swap everything out pretty quickly and set up a new machine/preset with not much trouble. It also allows me to just change one file to change the background, for instance… and sizing the bezel when it isn’t baked into the background/cabinet image is so much more flexible.

I probably didn’t need to do all this, but it’s pretty fun once you get everything set up and rolling.

3 Likes

yeah you can also made an preset extra to create an background … with different elements , than make a screenshot and use this for another preset as background ^^

i regret it not …its really like an original lightgun besides this thin border therefore you can use one gun for everything …and the price i would guess its allright it cost as much as my arcade stick was …so for an good working controller ok

oh i didn´t get the recoil version maybe one day (for my custom cabinet) but i think its quite loud from what i seen , and less mechanic parts mean less things that could break over time ^^

also i guess to setup and get everything for one real console to work , nes, zapper, crt,games it would be cost as much or more

3 Likes