Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

1 Like

@HyperspaceMadness may add a specific feature or the Sinden. In the mean time, I would recommend starting with something like my Custom_Bezel_1 style, changing the Non-Integer Scale % so the whole frame is visible, and using independent color on the frame.

You may have to experiment with the brightness of any surrounding art.

3 Likes

yeah i will test around , and see what works best …i was first thinking to just change the black frame from the tube but there is no option to change this color

also i think maybe it fails to aim at the corners corectly when there is a extra crt border and tbh wasn´t even thinking about the bezel frame cuz i mostly have disabled

but i will see it later

3 Likes

Yeah let me know how it goes and if you find a place to put it and and how thick which works well and I can add something to the Mega Bezel which adds a feature just for that.

1 Like

yeah i will tell you wich works best maybe i even make an white frame overlay thats overlays the black one from the tube …just to test if this would work , if so that option would be i think the simplest :grin:

1 Like

Hey @batblz Welcome to the forum!

The SOQUEROEU pack comes with its own presets. You will still be able to use the backgrounds with other presets, but this requires editing the paths to the png files. Can you give us more details of what you are trying to do?

1 Like

i thought like this (made a quick test preset ) this would be less distracting for an overlay as a full bright bezel

nice thing is you can add some empty tube space so nothing gets cut off

but Duimons suggestion with the frame would be better for screenshots/recording stuff :upside_down_face: so i will try his idea first

4 Likes

For this method you probably want to turn off the screen vignette.

I’m also not sure if curvature will throw off the calibration.

1 Like

there is a overlay of an curved crt bezel included in the driver so …i guess curved shouldn´t be a problem … also there are not just bright white overlays , there are also some light blue/greyish included so maybe the vignette wouldn´t distract it and i see i what will work and what not in 2 hours :grin:

for testing reasons i added your suggestion also into the preset so i can test and switch around alot later :laughing:

but i what i guess is that the 3D tilted mode will not work

1 Like

so the house of the dead remake worked like a charm ^^ now i set up retroarch

1 Like

Yeah it’s curved on the inside but the outside is square. I don’t think a border at the screen edge will work. Interested to know.

1 Like

well it works suprising well at first try …i will test some more games …maybe i make an super scope aim test etc . cuz here nothing is really in the corner but …nice so far :grin:

4 Likes

What you have going there is quite nice and less harsh as I would have imagined (because it is actually inside the tube rather than outside the bezel or frame).

It looks like you added it in the colored Gel?

We could perhaps add an autogenerated white (or whatever color works) border on top of the Gel during the screen effects application, or perhaps afterwards so it does not appear in the reflection.

Thanks for sharing the results of your experiments :smile: and let us know how it goes

2 Likes

no problem …man this brings me back ^^ yeah this is now just the colored gel , like i say maybe you have just to add the option to make the black edge white :thinking: cuz it´s nothing else…more or less what i did …

i go to different games , systems , and lightguns , so far duck hunt and the super scope 6 are just like i remember it :grin:

2 Likes

so t2 on genesis has no dead zone with this overlay , at least non that i noticed

kinda stunned how nice it goes so far … (forgot the empty tube here …oh well ^^)

3 Likes

:open_mouth: even tilted works

by the way besides 2-3 systems i setup everything so far in retroarch mame,fba,ps1,wii etc. everything works

3 Likes

And how do I do this? Sorry if I seem lost. :sweat_smile:

I would like to get one of those guns. They are pretty pricey, but I haven’t played any gun games for a long time.

2 Likes

for me it was also quite a while over 20 years actually (if you dont count the wii gun games) , its such an trip back in time at the moment , really happy how good it works .

5 Likes

It seems like some guys, like p3st, and probably others are using an interchangable background in their shader packs. I’m wondering if someone can help me with how that works as it seems like it would save a lot of trouble when building my arcade presets. If so, thanks for the help.

2 Likes