Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

hmm i like them this way …but maybe than you can try mame it has at least settings for the point and line size etc. but it will be in low res

1 Like

MAME has a hi res mode, I just had to make .opt files manually for the vector games, for some reason. It doesn’t look as bold as the ones you have in FB but for most games I have them looking like I want them… just a few stragglers, like I mentioned.

oh i didn´t now that …i have to look into that

1 Like

Vector in MAME (current) set up the way I like them… most people would probably prefer yours, with the thicker vector lines and bolder colors.

5 Likes

best would be a setting like mine …with an brigther lilne in the middle like yours …with the dots. visible …i think i tried it and then everything gets harsh on the eyes and hard to read

2 Likes

There is definitely still room for tinkering on mine. Now that I am thinking about it… I had to crop a bunch of black off of a couple of those vertical games and I’m wondering if the stretch from that makes those black lines I was talking about more visible.

2 Likes

You could try the SharpPixels preset in the Mega_Bezel/Presets/Variations directory

1 Like

Cowabunga @HyperspaceMadness!

11 Likes

Thanks. I would need to make a custom preset with this with the bezel in question?

You can just load this preset, then save a simple preset if that’s what you mean

1 Like

I was saying that… well, for more context… I have been using the Duimon presets, but I would rather turn of the scan effect for GBA, but still use his “GBA Shell” imagery that surrounds the play field… if that makes sense.

Is there also a preset or some other way to disable slot lines? Thanks!

I am trying to translate some more of these presets with Rich Whitehouse’s RAShaderTrans, but it cannot use the .slangp files that are referencing other .slangp files. Is there a way that I can put the parameters from a referencing file such as SharpPixels__STD.slangp into the file that it is referring to (MBZ__3__STD__GDV.slangp)? I tried inserting the parameters at the beginning and at the end and then translating the file, but the parameters seem to be ignored. Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

Hi to do this you should load SharpPixels__STD.slangp into retroarch, then go to save the preset and turn OFF Simple Presets, then save the preset. This will save a full preset (preset without a reference, including all the passes etc. Then you can put this through the translator

2 Likes

Ah, ok, so I would go to his thread and look for a guide on how to do this,he just did one recently

Thanks. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you! I greatly appreciate your help.

1 Like

Major Havoc was phat! Our local roller rink had one of these cabinets and I would play every time I visited.

Have to love Mega Bezel, so many options and the crt shader is just on point!

Started to work with the Bezel reflection and was wondering if there are any compatible packs?

I know there is the Bezel project with an intimidation collection, but they included a tv bezel in their packs and there is no way way to remove from all my installed images unless you beach and cut all their bezels one by one.

Any way to use this amazing shader with the Bezel project so the shader replaces the TV border from the Bezel project packs.

Any info is appreciated :+1::blush:

1 Like

There are some great packs available, some are listed at near the end of the first post in this thread.

Also @P3st has some great stuff going on too.

To use an image from the bezel project and put the bezel and frame on top all you need to do is create a simple preset, then add a path for the image into your preset file, like this BackgroundImage = "MyFantasticImage.jpg"

For the Bezel Project I think we should have a relatively easy solution for this coming in the next while to be able to to use one a preset and have the image swap in based on current game playing.

2 Likes