Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Hooray! What a time to be alive :sunny:

6 Likes

Man imagine all the possibilities with the arcade vertical 4k bezels OMG

5 Likes

Yeah I feel this combination will look fantastic and give that extra realism to vertical monitor set ups :beers:

4 Likes

How to make the background black? I marked it with red lines :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Search for background layer, and set it to 0.0

2 Likes

as a said i move places in the future and will change my monitor setup this way in the new place …so i think i will do some vertical overlays in the future :sweat_smile: then i also have the time again in the moment its bit rare

3 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness I want to mention, I don’t know if it’s a bug or if I’m doing something wrong, but it happens a lot as I tend to save the same settings a lot in the same file. The thing is that when I save simple presets in the same file over and over, it gets a point when it breaks and you can’t use simple preset anymore and I have to start again (luckly my memory is good sometimes), so I started to use normal preset saving and never had this issue with that. Just to let you know.

Yeah, this is unfortunately something that we’ve run into before when saving over and over over the same preset.

You can always take the parameters from a full preset and drop them into a simple preset and you will get the same results.

1 Like

The problem is where does it start the line of those parameters so I can save them in simple preset? I never was able to find where is the simple presets to copy from. The file is too big😅

1 Like

Look near the bottom, they should be after the texture parameters.

They should be the last section of the file

1 Like

One of my guides explains this in detail. How to convert a full preset into a simple

3 Likes

Where can I find this guide? Thanks.

It is bundled in a “guides” folder with my pack or on my GitHub, or on my GitHub pages site.

“Params_02_Community_Derived_Params.md” is the guide in my pack. “Community Derived Params” is the name of the guide in the “Guides” section of my GitHub pages site. Links are in the first post of my thread.

3 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness

I need some help regarding the aspect ratio.

I have been playing around with the option and a bit confused where exactly I can set up a custom aspect ratio (8:7).

Is it done within the core or within the shader?

I did notice Aspect ratio section within the shaders but not sure how to properly use it (setting up 8:7).

If needed, I am playing around with NES Mesen core and trying to ache the perfect circle on the magnifying glass

Default shader config is:

#reference ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Standard/Nintendo_Famicom/Famicom-[STD]-[Guest]-[Bezel].slangp"
HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = "0.000000"
HSM_ANTI_FLICKER_ON = "1.000000"
HSM_INTRO_WHEN_TO_SHOW = "0.000000"
glow = "0.000000"

Thank you in advance

So you would want to do this in the shader parameters. Go to the aspect ratio area, set the aspect ratio to explicit, then set the explicit aspect ratio to 1.142 (which is 8/7)

5 Likes

Thank you for a super quick reply. It did the job!

2 Likes

Oh, another question. Is it possible to calculate the formula if I use Overscan within the core (remove a certain amount of pixels vertically or horizontally). This came to my mind after reading this topic and observing some scrolling artifacts on some NES games

1 Like

So the 8:7 number you are talking about is the aspect of the core’s resolution.

If you want this then you want the PAR aspect ratio setting which is the pixel dimensions aspect ratio.

So just set the aspect ratio parameter to PAR to achieve this

1 Like

Hey, i use your shaders @Duimon :slight_smile: I would like for nes and snes the bilinear filtering to use. How can i do that? Maybe the question is just too complicated?

1 Like

You can simply enable the filter, but filters only work with certain cores.

I am not familiar with which cores work. Maybe someone with more intimate knowledge can weigh in?

2 Likes