Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Strange, Same problem with Amidar, Alcon and 1943 that I tested. I think all my vertical games I must set scanline to horizontal direction to get it vertical

1 Like

Amidar and Arkanoid both have the issue, 1943 and Alcon do not. The first two use the FB-Neo Hi-res mode so that may be the root of the issue.

MAME Current correctly displays both games using the Mega Bezel, MAME 2010 does not.

MAME 2010 and FB-Neo both use the same wildcard variables so it may be a bug in the base presets, but the fact that the normal res work correctly has me a bit confused.

1 Like

Yes you’re right. It is those two, not the others, I looked to fast on those. But I just set those to horizontal direction and save game preset and it looks correct.

1 Like

@BarbuDreadMon do you have any ideas as to what different behaviour appears on these vs the others?

Hi does the current version of MB use screenfx? The game screen corner rounding feature specifically? I’m trying to re-create an old preset of mine. Thanks :pray:

video version ....

https://youtu.be/QccmZC4bXMQ

so it goes … :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ha ha very nice! How did you know about my secret method?! :rofl:

6 Likes

who knows :sweat_smile: at least for me it would end up like this if i would try to put an shader together

2 Likes

Also Donkey Kong I have to set to horizontal.

The only thing that comes to mind for the different behavior is that dkong, amidar and arkanoid use a 90° rotation (rotation index 3), while 1943 and alcon use a 270° rotation (rotation index 1).

1 Like

Anyway to scale the frame and bezel only on one axis? Sometimes I need to make it fit better in a bezel it would be nice just to scale the frame and the inside frame a little, just not make it thicker, but move it and make it bigger, for example only on the x axis to make it fit. WIthout scale the viewport. I can find scale offset in bezel general, but that scale both X and Y. Also width and height make it only thicker, I want to move it away from the viewport a bit. If you know what I mean.

1 Like

Bezel width to make the sides thicker and X position to move it?

The frame has independent X and Y position parameters.

A combination of these should get you what you need.

2 Likes

Hi there is it possible to change the size of the playable screen area, bezel and frame etc . I’d like to squish a vertical screen game DK jnr in the y axis only.

1 Like

Just change the explicit aspect ratio.

1 Like

Ok thanks for that m8 :muscle:

Hello everyone, I have created an alternative design for PlayStation, based on the original design by Duimon. The difference lies in the logo; I have recreated the original logo in color, as it appears on the console, trying to achieve the rounded beveled effect it has. I hope you like it.

High quality image

7 Likes

Some work in progress on the Mega Bezel lighting

Mode to show the lighting only (as if the textures were solid gray

Next things I’m working on is:

• Better shadows, especially if a heightmap is supplied.
  • User supplied shadows
  • Normal based shading (if heightmap is supplied) which means possibly even some specular highlights from the bounce
12 Likes

It looks good… is it kind of an animated lighting? What are the main changes… sorry if I should already know this.

2 Likes

So it’s supposed to simulate the light from the crt bouncing around the room and back onto the background. So it could give you an effect like when you are in a dark room with a crt, everything gets lit with the bounce light from the game.

So if you set your background darker and have the bounce light then the brightness of the background will brighten and darken based on the current game output which can also help the two elements integrate better

Also after this is added in, I’m going to add @kokoko3k koko-aio Ambilight to be an additional optional light source to function like an ambilight coming from behind the monitor layer, maybe there b would be options to add it on top too

5 Likes

Yeah, those screenshots look cool… it seems like some of that lighting already exists in shaders we use now… I was just wondering if it’s static lighting or actually moves to produce that bouncing effect you are talking about. I’m anxious to see what it looks like in action.

edit I notice the shadows around the monitor are new… that looks nice. Very realistic effect.

1 Like