More Localized:

Less Localized

Even Less Localized with more Full Screen Glow

10 Likes

HSM-RTX waiting

5 Likes

Under Construction SpongeBob

6 Likes

Very very impressive! This shader is something else!!

2 Likes

Hello, I hope that this is the correct place to put this:

When using retroarch, mame current and the mega bezel preset MBZ_1_ADV.slangp, all of my vertical games are the wrong size. All horizonal/normal games are the correct size.

I’ve tried using a default retroarch config and the problem persists. These are the settings I’ve tried to no avail:

• Scale: Core provided and full, and scrolled through every other option to see if any are correct
  • Rotation: internal
  • Video driver: opengl and vulkan
  • Bilinear filtering off

I’ve even tried setting the rotation and scale in the shader parameters. Funny thing is, if I set it to vertical, it’s stretched it horizontal even more when scaling is set to full. If I try to rotate it, it rotates it upside down.

Here are examples. The first is “core provided” and the second is “full” scaling.

When I print the shader parameters to screen, they are rotated incorrectly as well:

Again, this behavior is the same with the default retroarch config as well.

1 Like

Here is what it looks like using the correct settings on my machine.

So this means something is up with your settings.

It looks like you are using a Bezel Project overlay.

The Bezel Project installer sets some default settings other than just the retroarch.cfg. (Retroarch/config.MAME.cfg and a bunch of game overrides in the MAME folder.)

Try temporarily renaming your config/MAME folder and the MAME.cfg.

If you are interested in using the Bezel Project overlays with the Mega Bezel, I have a repo with shader presets designed for just that purpose.

https://github.com/Duimon/Duimon-Bezel-Project

The Readme.md in the repo should help get you up and running.

1 Like

I just saw the post above who had the same exact issue as me.

The fix was setting the “integer scale mode” to either ShortAxis or BothAxes under “CRT screen scaling general” in the shader parameters:

The other proposed option of changing the “Non integer scale %” does NOT work because it ruins the scaling for all normal horizontal games:

Finally, this is not a perfect solution because ShortAxis and BothAxes do not scale the game up as much as they could be to fit the screen better.

Look at the megabezel bezel vs the side bezels gap with no integer scaling:

Now with ShortAxis scaling:

We need a fix for vertical games scaling. Our only option right now is to have non ideal scaling in horizontal games, or ridiculously small scaling on vertical games.

As for megabezel working with bezel project settings, I’ll check that out.

This is a very long thread, and a very mature project. Without a link to the post you are referencing I couldn’t begin to guess if it is still a valid solution, or ever was.

The issue is using an overlay with the Mega Bezel. What is needed is some time spent learning how to use the shader. :wink:

There is nothing really magical about the presets in my repo, just wildcards and many months of experience using the Mega Bezel. :grin:

I just want to make sure I’m communicating the issue… the shrunken megabezel picture has nothing to do with overlays.

The problem persists with overlays off:

and is mostly fixed (but shrinks horizontal games a little bit) by using ShortAxis or BothAxes:

As for the megabezel fitting perfectly inside overlays, that’s not what I’m worried about but am happy to check out your work to add the final touches.

The main issue you are having is that you need to set your retroarch video scaling settings aspect ratio to FULL. You will also need to make sure that you have allow core rotation set to OFF.

Please check the first post in the thread for the installation/setup instructions which covers things like this.

3 Likes

I just found another issue with a vertical game: Raiden Fighters Jet.

Auto isn’t detecting verticall orinlentation:

so I need to manually set the orientation under aspect ratio in the shader settings to vertical:

This is becoming such a pain in the ass that I’ll have to disable mega bezel for my custom arcade. There’s too many games that aren’t going to work right and I can’t baby sit it all the time when people are using it.

How do I set it to full without losing 4:3 on a 2560x1440 tv?

The shader handles all the aspect ratio stuff internally, please go through the installation instructions. I’ve put time into refining them so they cover the main issues.

Many people have this working correctly, so I know you can get there too!

By the way, that’s a pretty cool cabinet, it looks like you have a second Marquee screen set up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate your help, and I’m sorry I didn’t try full mode sooner. I didn’t realize that the shader would be smart enough to handle the resolution itself and keep it at 4:3 instead of 16:9 (“full”). I thought I’d need to keep it at 4:3 myself.

Now that it’s in full mode with rotation off, it’s working! No need for messing with integer scaling or orientation in the shader options.

And yeah the marquee screen is awesome!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think so, mostly because of lack of information about special aspect ratio things the console might have done.

What does it look like on real hardware?

The easiest way to adjust this (if it’s ok that the tube stays 4:3 is actually to adjust the y Overscan in the parameters.

1 Like

Overscan allows you to scale the game image off the screen, or squeeze it into a smaller part of the screen, in x, y, or both x and y directions

Is my pc strong enough for death to pixels i7 7700 16gb ram 1070 ti.

2 Likes

A 1070 Ti should run the Mega Bezel fine at 1080. You may struggle if your running a 4k monitor.

You will get different results depending on which base preset you use. You will struggle the most with SMOOTH-ADV.

I use a GeForce GTX 1070 with a slight overclock and a Ryzen 5 5600X and my presets run fine at 4K. I don’t think your i7 7700 should be a bottleneck as I’ve also tested this on a Core i5 2500K with a slight overclock and a Radeon RX 6600 at 4K and they run fine and I’m talking about my Smooth Advanced based presets.

I also have several other preset folders which contain presets for lower performing systems.

I use MSI Afterburner with Riva Tuner Statistics Server Frame Limiter at 60fps.

I also have Preemptive Frames and Auto Frame Delay enabled for basically all the cores I use.

I run up to N64, PS1 and Dreamcast cores at 4K with my config.

If you run into any performance issues, you can also disable Curvature and Noise.

I really don’t see why you should have any performance issues with that setup if you use my presets seeing that you have a more powerful GPU than mine.

1 Like