Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I’ve got mdapth into the chain, it certainly has a nice result in some games

Without MDAPT

With MDAPT

You need to look at them at full resolution to see the difference :wink:

5 Likes

I cycle both one on top of the other and i can’t see any difference

1 Like

I think you uploaded the same image for both.

2 Likes

Thank god someone else said something. I thought i was just blind.

1 Like

Well that’s a relief I thought I was going crazy lol.

Apparently this was a delayed april fools :wink:

I updated the image

3 Likes

That got it. Looks awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks ! Should I change the I and Q values too ?

1 Like

They don’t do anything unless you’re setting it to composite mode.

Sorry was mowing grass.

1 Like

MDAPT surely gives some nice results. However, i’m not sure how authentic the image is when you get such de-dithering without color artifacts/bluriness.

Also, can you post a picture of Sonic’s waterfalls?

1 Like

The Mega Bezel Shader is updated to V2020-05-03

Changes

• MDAPT and GTU are integrated into all bezel presets with on/off
  • Gdapt & CBOD were removed
  • Extra passes for ntsc adaptive are in the preset commented out if you want to try ntsc-adaptive instead of GTU
  • Passes before and after actual CRT shader are consistent,
    • e.g:
      • Passes 0-7 are prep, mdapt & GTU
      • Passes 18-25 are bezel stuff
      • There is an empty pass after the CRT where you can stick something if you want to do something to the image after the crt treatment so it shows up on the screen and in the reflection
  • My version of Royal has been adjusted to use the triad size properly so it scales properly with the screen
  • Fixed the pink GTU feature which was introduced in the last release
  • Put a couple parameters as hard coded instead of in the editable parameter list
  • Paths inside presets were fixed to use proper case so they load on linux
  • Your presets will need to be updated
5 Likes

Here’s the comparison

No MDAPT, No GTU

GTU ON

GTU with Composite ON

MDAPT doesn’t do anything here unless you turn the dithering stripes on (because there is no checkerboard dithering) When the dithering stripes are on it gives an artifact in the waterfall.

6 Likes

I think there might be a problem with the new versions of the presets : I tried Royale and Dr Guest and bloom looks weird and not natural at all ; I cannot take a screenshot because for some reason they don’t appear in my RA screenshot folder ; I’ll try to post a screenshot when I can.

1 Like

Hmm, could be because of the increased resolution in the GTU passes.

Can you try removing those passes (and their scaling options) completely and putting stock.slang in their place?

1 Like

It’s probably destroying the horizontal axis of the bloom (which would make the bloom look off), if I remember correctly that was an issue I had when using GTU with guest-dr-venom. Idk though just adding some observations from previous stuff I’ve messed with.

This is from memory, so take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Okay, so when swithing out GTU with ntsc-adaptive on shader#6 and shader#7: linear, nearest or don’t care? Also what scale for each?

I fixed the resolution issue and updated the package, so it should all be good now

1 Like

Hi, when I mentioned switching out the passes I meant to go into the .slangp text file and comment the gtu passes and uncomment the ntsc passes already there, In this case I suggest doing it that way instead of trying to do it through the UI.

3 Likes

By comment he means add // in the slangp to gtu passes that you’re swapping out with the ntsc-adaptive passes, and remove the // from the ntsc-adaptive passes.

2 Likes

Thank you both. I was just looking up “comment and uncomment” on google lol.

2 Likes