Multi disc Sega CD games and Raspi

I’m not sure if this has been answered at some point or not as the search function only seems to bring up mednafen and it’s m3u files. Anyway, I am trying to get the game Night Trap working. I have a pair of ISO files for the two discs. (other games too but this is easiest being as it is only 2 discs and I figure I could apply it to the others.) They launch just fine but I was wondering how to deal with the disc switch thing since Genesis Plus gx and Picodrive do not recognize the m3u file format that mednafen and oddly enough pcsx reARMed does for playstation.

Or do I just set them up as separate listings and somehow the system will hold the information in “RAM” and continue where it needs to pick up from? Lakka version is current Stable (I think 2.0)

You may need to manually add the M3U to the playlist file. The first response in the below thread should help you do this :slight_smile:

I understand how to do m3u files and how to apply them manually to the playlists (Heck I’m the one that gave the rundown of how to do it on that thread), but they do not work for sega CD, I tried already (first thing I tried actually). The M3U shows up in the list and then tries to open with a playstation emulator. (PCSX reARMed) as that is all the Pi 3 see’s as an emulator that can accept that m3u file.

My mistake! Sounds like a bug or new feature required. You may want to log it via GitHub or contact Kivutar about it

I’m surprised it wasn’t brought up already considering the ways of the sega CD. I mean sure there were not many games that many would want to play but considering that night trap isn’t the only one like this. Oh well, will have to get to GitHub later when I have more time… if I can remember my login.