Mupen64 Controller Test ROM

I’ve been having some really weird issues with my controllers and Lakka, I noticed that after I managed to get my USB based input device for my iCade working (hard wired them into a Zero Delay USB controller). First issue I had was that when I was using the SNES Test ROM to test my controller inputs, it was registering two different inputs ( L button + X button) when I press the one button I had mapped to be L.

Another thing was when I disconnected my secondary controller after saving the current config to use my iCade controller, if I powered on the Pi without the secondary controller, it wouldn’t work in the UX. I had to power off the Pi add the second controller boot it up and the iCade controllers worked again.

Even more odd, I managed to go into user input, change it to be my secondary USB controller (For example my 8Bitdo SN30) and then I could only navigate the UX with the 8Bitdo controller not my iCade one…

When I did this change and saved the config, powered off, unplugged the 8Bitdo, and left only my iCade controller plugged in, it worked… the UX took my iCade inputs like it always should have… like even when I went into the SNES controller test program, all inputs were correct and not double registering.

I’m trying to get the N64 controls all setup properlly, most games I can map fine, however by default I notice a same type of glitch (When I load Mario 64) The one key I have bound to “Z” will at the same time hit one of the “c” button (left). If I play around enough with the control remaps, I can eventually get this to work. I would like to however run a controller test program to make sure I’m not getting the same double registery glitch by trying a N64 based controller ROM.

I looked all over the internet only to find that the Test Carts for the N64 have never been duimped. I did manage to find a githun with a testcontroller.v64 but it didn’t work. I tried it on my computer with Project64 and they don’t seem to work at all…

Anyideas on how to resolve this?

One last thing, I mentinoed I can get things to work if I play enough with the control remap options under the context menu of lakka, but even mapping one of my keys to the “C button press hotkey” I can get 3 of my other buttons that are normally Y,X,B to be the “down, left, and up” C buttons, but none of my other keys seem to give me a “right” c? what are the bindings for these exactly?

Are certain keybindings (E.G. A,B,X,Y,L,R) are the 4 C buttons when you bind a key to be the “User 1 C button mode”?

I don’t think the controller test ROM homebrew works in our mupen core (dunno about standalone/upstream). IIRC, it just shows a black screen or something like that.

The C-button press hotkey is supposed to make your retropad ABXY buttons be replaced with the corresponding C-button. So, right-C should replace retropad-A while that’s held. Without that held, the C-buttons are mapped to the cardinal directions on the right analog stick.

Yeah I was playing around and I finally figured it out, however there’s a “glitch” in that the C button lock also goes by your remapped keys instead of the core input bindings… so in my case since I remapped my actions under the control section as I menntioned, I did not have any key mapped to “Y” and as such when I pressed the key mapped to the “c lock” and pressed the key bound to be “Y” it didn’t work. I had to ensure under control that the A button (C3) and B Button (C2) are mapped according to my bindings… this is a lil limiting as now I can’t remap those keys without buggering up the “c lock” option. It be nice as a feature to have “c locl” only listen to the natural laka bindings and not the remap bindinggs.

I hope that made sense. Thanks for the quick reply.

I did however, playing around even more with the remappings to get the remapping I wanted while also getting the C lock to work… just takes some tinkering to get it all figured out…