Mupen64 + Mario 64 stutters

Super Mario 64 has a lot of stuttering every few seconds with Mupen64 core.

Is this a known issue?

Yeah, it’s a known issue. It was fixed previously but the commit that did it caused a bunch of crashes for some people, so we’ll have to revisit it and see if we can get the good parts without the bad.

Thanks.

Do you know if this issue affects other games as well? Or is it only Mario 64 so far?

It’s all of them, AFAIK. Mario64 just seems to be more noticeable, I guess. Or maybe it’s just the only game people play :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn… i guess i’ll stick to an older Glupen build then until this is sorted out.

Thanks for the replies.

I believe this is the same issue you asked about previously:

All of my games stutter and i have no idea what to do to fix this. I honestly dont even know where to start. I got a laptop loaded with the Lakka OS and i mainly wanted to play N64 titles and i can’t get any to run. Would very much appreciate any kind of help!

Hey all well I fixed my stuttering after lots of messing around to give you my spec… W10 1803 I5-7600 / 16GB RAM / GTX 1080

Can’t comment for AMD…

Nvidia Control Panel --> Manage 3D Settings --> Program Settings --> Add RetroArch Power Management Mode = Prefer Max Perf (think this was the one in the end others optional) Threaded Optimization = Off Tripple Buffering = On (this helped alot before changing pwr mgmt mode) Vsync = On

Sorry I know an old thread but if I had stumbled apon my comments on google I woulda been happy so thread revival… Post your findings :slight_smile:

RetroArch Mupen64plus core settings all optional but looks nice - I like smooth filtering factor 1 some might not along with AA… The other settings are mainly aimed at accuracy over performance… Also worth mentioning I had stuttering on default settings until the NVIDIA changes I theorise the GFX card is kicking over into low clock mode… ya know those power saving settings causing the dips… then a slightly more intensive scene is initially drawn in b4 it sleeps again… Just because I noticed an area may start slow then be ok once fully rendered…

mupen64plus-169screensize = “1920x1080” mupen64plus-43screensize = “1280x960” mupen64plus-aspect = “4:3” mupen64plus-astick-deadzone = “15” mupen64plus-astick-sensitivity = “100” mupen64plus-BilinearMode = “standard” mupen64plus-CorrectTexrectCoords = “Force” mupen64plus-CountPerOp = “0” mupen64plus-cpucore = “dynamic_recompiler” mupen64plus-CropMode = “Auto” mupen64plus-EnableCopyColorToRDRAM = “Sync” mupen64plus-EnableCopyDepthToRDRAM = “FromMem” mupen64plus-EnableFBEmulation = “True” mupen64plus-EnableFragmentDepthWrite = “True” mupen64plus-EnableHWLighting = “False” mupen64plus-EnableLegacyBlending = “False” mupen64plus-EnableNativeResTexrects = “True” mupen64plus-EnableShadersStorage = “True” mupen64plus-MultiSampling = “16” mupen64plus-rspmode = “HLE” mupen64plus-txEnhancementMode = “None” mupen64plus-txFilterIgnoreBG = “True” mupen64plus-txFilterMode = “Smooth filtering 1” mupen64plus-txHiresEnable = “False” mupen64plus-txHiresFullAlphaChannel = “False”

1 Like