My Arcade Series 4k Cabinets

trah45e6uy46erhjerj54e6ui56urte6ujrteryre5u446u48u47y4

4 Likes

interesting concept, and well-executed! I definitely remember that awful blacklight arcade carpet, though it was usually buried under a thick layer of traffic-grime :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is a unique, full cab for horizontal screen perspective. Always nice to have a new option… this is pretty creative.

1 Like

thats an intressting take great work

1 Like

dragh4w57yu4jfjrteuj46y3ytweyt34w5y4uyrue4rurureu

5 Likes

trh456yu345uertyerhu4wey35y3y3y3y3y34y3

3 Likes

hmm the marquee is a bit to blured …or ? or does is nee a slight glow/bloom like effect …idk. :thinking:

no really i mean it looks right like it should , it had to be like this , but it really stands out to the rest of the overlay ^^

but for real i find this take on this genius , especially for older arcade games from this era

oh and nice touch , a small detail just got me , before i praise it even more it seems the guy who put the coins there wants to play now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, the blur is just a bit of fun with depth of field effect, it won’t be there in a release, or maybe as an optional decal layer. I am just testing ways of creating more depth in a 2D flat image.

2 Likes

if you do the marquee as an single layer without the blur

than you could use the MIPMAPPING_BLEND_BIAS setting

to get a blur/unsharp effect through the shader …

i use it on my led lights and backgroud and it looks great

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea, never thought of that. I was just going to blur it in Photoshop, then use it as a decal layer, but your method would probably be better, and more configurable.

2 Likes

yeah i try to manage everything i could via the shader , :sweat_smile: it safes time to just change a settings , instead re edeting the file each time in photoshop

1 Like

eray45wyrhdhr6u46ijkry35y4u4u4u4ru6r

8 Likes

I love that TV :grinning:

3 Likes

67567i5uirurye5y3yerdtwe4ye45yuhreyuh

3 Likes

I tried to do the blacklight for my Tron shader recently and it didn’t turn out all that great. Yours looks really nice. Looks great overall… it is a really hard one to figure out how to do it justice. I’d like to see the details of the inner walls on yours a bit better, but this is a really nice take on this cabinet.

1 Like

fsdt4w5e6uy46rjtf5eu576kjtij5r67i6rt7okrty7kti7

1 Like

Opinions are fine, everyone has them, but we don’t get to tell people how to use their own time. Assuming John.Merrit is okay with derivative works, Antijebus, you can post your modifications in your own thread.

In any event, antagonizing people is not cool and it’s not the atmosphere we want to foster here. Let’s keep it friendly and supportive, please.

EDIT: banned the guy (again)

6 Likes

Thanks, Hunter. Everyone is free to an opinion, it’s how we all better our work, and I always welcome feedback. What I don’t like are aggressive opinions from people who think they’re right, and you are always wrong. If we all did what others wanted, we would have hundreds of almost identical work without any creative freedom applied.

4 Likes

I don’t think he really cares about other people’s work, to be honest. It seems like he likes getting in fights on various forums.

1 Like

The Tron one is my favorite. Great job on these!

2 Likes