My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Yeah, I have those… but aren’t there a lot of bezels missing from those?

1 Like

I’m not aware of a more complete collection. All arcade artwork is traditionally added to Mr. Do’s soon after completion and antopisa updates from there.

Of course there is no guarantee that users creating artwork for libretro specifically, will follow the tradition.

For example, I have been waiting to contact Mr. Do’s about my overlays. Mostly because of the sheer number and size of the files. (1510 files @1.25GB)

There may be additional artwork here.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I just thought it would be useful if there was a general repository of images in a simple png format for bezel images if people wanted to various projects. I’m not sure how complete Mr. Do’s is… I know it is considered the most official. I messed around with some custom bezels a few years ago, but I’m completely out of the loop about stuff now.

I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion. Virtually all of the Vertical arcade overlays and many, many others have been added during the last 2 years.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s correct, maybe the text just hasn’t been changed.

In any case… do you have some info for the OP?

Or would you rather just laugh at me some more instead of contributing to the conversation? :neutral_face:

Well then. I have been living and breathing libretro for the last 2 1/2 years so maybe I’m a bit out of the loop.

If you are an active accomplished artist, maybe you could take a look at the Mega Bezel thread.

The community could benefit from your arcade experience.

Nice to meet you sir.

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Astro Battle 2009 using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

Thanks to @Antijebus for the original Astro Battle bezel

6 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, typical for these sort of games back then where it’s all about getting the highest score. I found out this game is also called Astro Fighter in America.

2 Likes

I don’t think we even thought about the concept of a game having an ending back then… it was all about score.

Yeah, and if they had an ending like Donkey Kong, it just repeated itself.

1 Like

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Carnival using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

5 Likes

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Qbert Cubes using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

6 Likes

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Strikers 1945 using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

6 Likes

They have some interesting bezel ideas in the Atari 50: The Anniversary Collection.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the articles and videos. Really great compilation.

1 Like

Here are realistic arcade bezels for Vanguard using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

8 Likes

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Gauntlet using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

7 Likes

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Pole Position using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

7 Likes

Hello, I congratulate you for the wonderful work you are doing. I have set in Retroarch some bezels for my 2560x1440p monitor. But if I use the 4K TV, the game image is no longer centered and hides behind the bezel. Is there any way to make it automatically fit when switching from one screen to another? Thank you very much

1 Like

Here is a realistic arcade bezel for Mortal Kombat 2 using the Mega Bezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch

7 Likes