My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Thanks! It’s a unique game for the time. It almost seems like what inspired Super Smash Bros. I’m a not a fan of the in and out zooming though, but only because the graphics get too pixelated to make out what’s going on.

3 Likes

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Undercover Cops using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch. Thanks to @ArsInvictus for letting me use his excellent Artwork Bezel for Undecover Cops.

7 Likes

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Tetris using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch.

6 Likes

Is there a download link so we can download all bezels at the same time? I don’t know what the official link is. Maybe you can make a google drive and share it here with every bezel? You can then put more bezels on the google drive and we can see them appear there.

There is a download link for his individual packs together at Launchbox and EmuMovies.

1 Like

Perhaps this might help:

1 Like

Hi orion’s angel!

Thanks for this incredible cool work. I don’t know if we can request a bezel? I’m very interested in wonder boy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think the original Wonderboy had cabinet artwork, but maybe someone has done a custom bezel, if you search around.

OrionsAngel did a Wonderboy Bezel at the beginning so I am sure he is willing to update it.

WonderBoy

ow! I’m using MagicHat’s pack and it’s not in there :frowning:

It’s one of his old ones that is separate from his newer Mega Bezel overlays. You can find the original bezel that OrionsAngel used over on DeviantArt

https://www.deviantart.com/flinnster/art/Virtual-Wonderboy-SEGA-Arcade-Cabinet-MAME-Art-623361506

You can download the old set it was included with at https://www.mediafire.com/file/kdvxu8t8y88i1lm/ArcadeBezelsOrionsAngelPart21.zip

Can you tell me where you found the old links for downloading the older packs?

It’s close to the top of this topic

From what I can tell he mainly used them for MAME core and standalone MAME which uses the lay format.

You can still use the overlay, wboy_nmva_ws.png, to create a preset.

2 Likes

@Orionsangel: are you interested to make a video on how you create the bezels? what software, methods and the steps and where you find the artwork? In this way people can contribute bezels and we can make bezels for all games in MAME! There is enough work! I want to try it myself too. It could be great if the source files could be shared too. if you use a program like GIMP (www.gimp.org) then the source file is XCF and can be shared and edited by anyone to make improvements, since GIMP is a free program for all platforms. The resulting PNG files we have now is difficult to edit since we don’t have the layers, …

my apologies if you don’t want to share your way of working, but please think about it because it could be possible contributors will help you. Also if you, one day, decide to stop making more bezels, other people can continue your work since we then have the source graphics files and know how you made them.

thanks for reading!

If you knew the software I use you might be surprised :grin:. I’ve thought about making a video of the process for years, but that would give it away and everyone would copy my method.

1 Like

Isn’t that a good thing? There are 1000s of arcade games and more people making bezels means we get close to have bezels for each game. Anyway, you decide it :slight_smile:

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Wrestle War using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch.

4 Likes

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Fighter’s History using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch.

3 Likes