My Realistic Arcade Bezels

I’m glad you like them. I hope to have a link up soon so you can all download them.

1 Like

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for The Simpsons arcade game for use on Retroarch.

This overlay is coming soon on my Arcade Retroarch Pack. Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Hey @Orionsangel, where did you find the bezel for SmashTV? I only found one link but it was in an old Freehand format I don’t know how to convert. I wanted to do this one in my format too

FYI, just in case you guys weren’t aware, RetroArch can also load the MAME artwork/layout format now. It’s significantly more complex to make one than a typical RetroArch overlay, but it does give you some more flexibility (you can specify multiple “layouts” for things like with and without glass glare/reflection) and you can hardcode the screen opening size/location instead of users needing to set it themselves.

However, they currently only work with the GL driver, and complex multipass shaders get screwy scaling with them.

Can Retroarch detect if the screen orientation of the game is vertical or horizontal, and then decide the correct overlay for it?

Not that I know of, no. AFAIK, there would have to be something added to the API for the frontend to know such a thing, even if the core does.

I seem to have a real knack at looking for esoteric arcade bezels that haven’t been made, but did I miss a bezel for Vectorbeam’s Speed Freak? I know it would be a boring bezel, it’s just black, but the curve of the cabinet is pretty distinctive.

speedfreak

1 Like

Hmm, it’s so obscure though. I don’t think many would care for it or maybe they would? I don’t know. I also don’t know how much available source material could be found online and in high quality.

I tried to look into the new MAME artwork feature of RetroArch but it does not seem to work for me, as I posted in the Android section of the forum

Here is some realistic Arcade overlays for The Mortal Kombat arcade games for use on Retroarch.

6 Likes

This looks awesome! Love the variations

2 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for arcade game Knights of the Round for use on Retroarch.

Thanks to ArsInvictus for letting me use his awesome, Knights of the Round bezel. This game deserved a proper artwork bezel and he made an awesome one!

5 Likes

Here is a realistic arcade overlay for the game, The Punisher for use on Retroarch

This rare artwork bezel was discovered and restored by the talented: ArsInvictus.

Thank you, ArsInvictus!

6 Likes

+1 Thanks @ArsInvictus

1 Like

Thanks @Orionsangel! This came out really cool. The metal cabinet molding looks perfect for this game!

3 Likes

Thanks man! You’re a blessing.

The chrome molding is from the actual arcade cabinet.

I’ll respond to your PM later tonight. Busy at work.

1 Like

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game Robocop 2 for use on Retroarch.

5 Likes

I am loving these collabs you guys are doing!

1 Like

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game Darkstalkers for use on Retroarch.

The original bezel was made by: ArsInvictus

6 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game Battle Circuit for use on Retroarch.

The original bezel was made by: ArsInvictus

6 Likes