My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Sly Spy for use on Retroarch.

This overlay is coming soon on my Arcade Retroarch Pack #2.

6 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Arabian for use on Retroarch.

5 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, The Tin Star for use on Retroarch.

5 Likes

I was left speechless today when I saw that Digital Foundry had used one of my realistic bezels for a new video they made. They’re big time and well respected in the gaming industry. Then none other than, John Linneman (who I admire) cocreator of Digital Foundry tweeted me and complimented my bezel work and followed me back on Twitter. :star_struck:

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I saw they used your Street Fighter II, and they actually used my Mortal Kombat 4K overlay too! :slight_smile:

We’re famous!

5 Likes

I thought that was yours. Ask him for credit. He’ll do it. You deserve it.

https://twitter.com/dark1x

4 Likes

Yep, he already did it, we’re both in there now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s awesome! High Five!

3 Likes

Compliments well deserved for both.

3 Likes

Guys, do not forget about us when you get famous and mingle with the video gaming jet-set XD

3 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, New Rally X for use on Retroarch.

6 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Gauntlet for use on Retroarch.

8 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Burger Time with a tilted screen for use on Retroarch.

8 Likes

It’s been a long time since i checked this thread so i’d like to ask, did all those bezels got converted for use in RetroArch? Are there any packs instead of individual downloads?

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m in the process of converting them to Retroarch. I got tired of dealing with MAME. Always having to adjust the screen settings when I open a game. Retroarch has more shader opens. The screen looks better and it just works. You open a game and play it. No worries about refixing the settings. The only drawback is the MAME core is older than the current MAME release. I hope they update the core someday. So far I’ve finished pack #1 for Retroarch. I’m currently working on pack #2. The tilted screen ones are not yet available to the public, but soon they will be.

You can download pack #1 here - https://bit.ly/2SqJg7N

4 Likes

Isn’t the main MAME core the same version as the standalone? The core i use is 0.217 and last time i updated was weeks ago.

1 Like

The mame core is now in sync with standalone: 0.218

2 Likes

Oh did not know this. I didn’t see it on the updater list, but I haven’t checked in a while. Thanks for letting me know. I just checked and it’s the one that just says Arcade (MAME) right? I always ignored that one because it had no version number or year.

As a rule of thumb, the year-stamped cores are snapshots of the codebase from an earlier time, usually kept around for speed at the expense of accuracy. The ones without years are typically up-to-date (or as close to that as possible).

2 Likes

I will take a note of it. Thank you.

1 Like