My Realistic Arcade Bezels

This looks great. I know if I had attempted it, it wouldn’t have looked anything as close to yours lol. I’m not too great at this at all as you are. The only difference I see is the light from the screen not reflecting on the bezel, and the lines in each of the 4 corners of the bezel not showing as they do on the other overlay. (Also, I can’t get the Killer Instinct 2 rom to work, so I’ve only been able to play the first Killer Instinct.)

I was told on another post in a different thread a short time ago that my GPU is the problem. It’s not strong enough to handle the Mega Bezels.

1 Like

Yeah, you and Duimon talked about it a few days ago on his forum dealing with his MAME graphic.

Just a reminder the GPU is Mali G52 MC2@850MHz.

Edit: Had a quick idea of doing a one-size-fits-all bezel for koko-aio and change size based on aspect ratio. I just have to figure out the corner crease.

Sorry for the incorrect term I used. “Corner creases” is what I meant—I referred to it as “lines in the corners” LOL.

Yeah, it would be great if that could be done. Making the bezels wider with the color reflection and the corner creases just like in the screenshot I posted makes it look so realistic. That’s what I’m going for so I can stream arcade games on Twitch.

Doh… it’s hard to keep things sorted sometimes. :rofl:

If you use a 50% gray image as content when doing your screenshot, you should be able to see creases. (Assuming you use the Mega Bezel and internal mask generation to acquire your shot.)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Duimon. The main problem I had was getting the right bezel color.

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game The Outfoxies using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch. Thanks to @ArsInvictus for letting me use his excellent Artwork Bezel for The Outfoxies.

5 Likes

Thank you @MagicHat for supporting & creating presets for my bezels! It’s appreciated! Thanks to @HyperspaceMadness’s Mega Bezel Shaders as well. Can’t forget @ArsInvictus & @hgoda90 If I forgot anyone I apologize. I thank everyone who has helped me out through the years. Check out MagicHat’s excellent preview video for my Arcade Bezels! Support his YouTube channel as well.

6 Likes

I love that video! The Outfoxies looks great too, I need to play that game more, so cool.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s a unique game for the time. It almost seems like what inspired Super Smash Bros. I’m a not a fan of the in and out zooming though, but only because the graphics get too pixelated to make out what’s going on.

3 Likes

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Undercover Cops using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch. Thanks to @ArsInvictus for letting me use his excellent Artwork Bezel for Undecover Cops.

7 Likes

Here’s a realistic Arcade Bezel for the game Tetris using the MegaBezel Reflective Shader for Retroarch.

6 Likes

Is there a download link so we can download all bezels at the same time? I don’t know what the official link is. Maybe you can make a google drive and share it here with every bezel? You can then put more bezels on the google drive and we can see them appear there.

There is a download link for his individual packs together at Launchbox and EmuMovies.

1 Like

Perhaps this might help:

1 Like

Hi orion’s angel!

Thanks for this incredible cool work. I don’t know if we can request a bezel? I’m very interested in wonder boy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think the original Wonderboy had cabinet artwork, but maybe someone has done a custom bezel, if you search around.

OrionsAngel did a Wonderboy Bezel at the beginning so I am sure he is willing to update it.

WonderBoy

ow! I’m using MagicHat’s pack and it’s not in there :frowning:

It’s one of his old ones that is separate from his newer Mega Bezel overlays. You can find the original bezel that OrionsAngel used over on DeviantArt

https://www.deviantart.com/flinnster/art/Virtual-Wonderboy-SEGA-Arcade-Cabinet-MAME-Art-623361506