Nearest shader

hi! when i was kid i used to play dos games on my crt monitor,so much so that the LCD monitor did not give me the same feeling,flipping through the shaders the only one that seemed to me the same thing of the past was the nearest, is it possible that in the past the crt used this thing? if there were any doubts I will post an image of what I meant by the sensation of the past.

CRTs didn’t do any processing. They’re actually remarkably simple machines.

“Nearest” (short for “nearest neighbor”) is just a way of scaling an image. Many people like it for its very sharp pixel edges, but it has issues with non-integer scale factors. For example, 240 (a roughly typical height for retro games) scales into 1080 4.5 times, and this fractional value causes unevenly sized pixels with nearest neighbor scaling.

In the ‘retro’ shader directory, there are some shaders that anti-alias the pixel edges to maintain as much sharpness as possible without getting the uneven pixel sizes of nearest neighbor, which can cause “shimmering” during scrolling.

thank you for the answer, unfortunately it’s been a long time so I do not remember exactly how it was, but the only ones that are very close are the shaders in the folder retro that I tried a while ago.