Nestopia

I’m using Maister’s last libretro file (libretro-144-nestopia-x86.zip)

How I can change the disk side (A to B) by using multi-disk FDS games?

If you have a libretro build of NEStopia that has my recent changes (for FDS support), then pressing RetroPad R Button will let you change disk side.

Thank you for your help!

Is there any way to compile Nestopia so as to implement the PlayChoice-10 RGB Palette on it? I tried fudging with the source code and adding assertions at compile time, but I end up just getting the regular old core with the YUV palette.

Edit: Got it. It was as simple as changing a couple of lines in NstMachine.cpp. If anyone wants to play around with it, here’s a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?24qly44otc1551z

Fair warning: the colors can be pretty intense!

hi, i’d like to enable the builtin NTSC filter. so I’ve made this fork with a few source code changes, but when compiling i’m getting a full black screen…

Is there any difference from using the BSNES NTSC filters?

Core specifc NTSC filters will generally only work with that system because lots of parameters are hardcoded.

I presume the BSNES NTSC filters floating around are meant for SNES, but they work with NES as well, it seems. That is why I’m asking if the NTSC filters included with Nestopia differ in any way.

I just tested it to be sure and, yes, the existing NTSC CPU filters work fine with NEStopia.

I presume the BSNES NTSC filters floating around are meant for SNES, but they work with NES as well, it seems. That is why I’m asking if the NTSC filters included with Nestopia differ in any way.[/quote]

yes, it works fine, but i’d like to use the NES-specific filter: I believe Blargg made different filters for some good reasons…

eadmaster - Now that we have runtime options for libretro cores, I can implement the blargg NTSC filter as a toggleable option in Nestopia - and the same for unlimited sprites.

I already implemented the blargg NTSC filter for Genesis Plus GX libretro.

1 Like

that’s a good solution i was about to suggest :slight_smile:

Gotta say, I am loving these new runtime options. RetroArch gets better and better.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question. Would it be possible to implement an “insert coin” button, as well as the ability to flip DIP switches for the VS. series of games? You can play the VS arcade versions of games like Super Mario Bros. and Castlevania using vanilla Nestopia, and they actually do run under RetroArch, but the problem is there is no button mapped to inserting a coin in the current libretro implementation, so it’s impossible to actually start the games. They do not work in FBA, and I assume the MAME core would work for them, but, well, we don’t have access to that core at the moment. If we had a coin button for the Nestopia core, those games would be playable.

I’ve re-forked the repo and added a “nospritelimit” core option. The NTSC filter is still non-working, so i’ve commented the option parsing. A build is available here.

Very nice. Would it be possible to make it load custom palette files as well?

Nice to see you provide libretro binaries for Win32. :slight_smile:

I know I asked about custom palettes before, but if that isn’t feasible, would it at least be possible to add a core option to have the same palette options Nestopia proper has? In there, you can either leave it on auto, force YUV, or force the PC10 RGB palette. As it stands, even when playing PC10 or VS Series games, their palettes always default to YUV. It would be nice to be able to play them with the intended palettes without having to juggle another core around with the RGB palette enabled by default.

Hello, please help to solve the problem of “nospritelimit”. There is such the Gamestick lite game console, it is also called the Datafrog Y3 lite. The Gamestick uses nestopia_libretto.so for armv7, the problem is that Gamestick does not allow you to change options, including: “nospritelimit”.The settings files also cannot be corrected because they are in an unchangeable squashfs partition. Is it possible to change the default settings in the file nestopia_libretto.so for armv7, is “nospritelimit” enabled?

It’s possible, sure, but we’re not going to make that change. You’re welcome to change it in the source and then compile a custom build of the core, though. Just change this: https://github.com/libretro/nestopia/blob/master/libretro/libretro_core_options.h#L131

from “disabled” to “enabled”

1 Like