New CRT shader from Guest + CRT Guest Advanced updates

Yes and no, i was talking more about the referential subpixel layout to know which is rgb and which is bgr

2 Likes

Check you display specs at RTINGS or similar. Otherwise you can’t find it out with normal screenshots, they will, when enlarged, show the shader options layout. But you can take a photo of your display.

2 Likes

CRT Guest Advanced is the best CRT shader for me, Thank you for keep on improve it

I hope ReShade port of it keep it with the updates too

5 Likes

@guest.r Maybe you already know and aware of this bug, but I want to mention that on 128-bit settings, masks look a bit off, spetially in the blue triad. Also it doesn’t look aligned. @Cyber suggested to mention this here. This is with mega bezel and I leave a screenshot Check the blue stripes of sonic, there is where I see they look like an “S” shape instead of straight blue beam…

2 Likes

Whic core are you using?

2 Likes

This is flycast, Dreamcast emulator. It’s on it’s default resolution. I use it on mega Bezel with downrez GDV viewport X and Y 240p setting.

2 Likes

I guess now it’s a known issue now. :grin: I noticed it couple of months ago, also did some mentioning. With me some presets also stop to function properly when i quit flycast and open another core, which worked fine previously. A Retroarch ‘reset’ resolves the issue.

So it’s rather a flycast / RA situation. You can guess that if i ‘fix’ the issue for current flycast that other cores, which now work normally, would have similar issues.

Maybe someone can report it in the flycast git repo…

2 Likes

Also to mention, that I use fake scanlines with it, because at my point of view It gives more realistic scanlines to the shader, and also looks misaligned.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried with PS2 yet. I will make some testing tonight and see if it’s only with Flycast core.

2 Likes

So the problem is the misalignment of the horizontal slot mask bar this is somehow related to the core?

4 Likes

Works properly with other cores. Previous versions of flycast didn’t produce the issue, noticed it a couple of months ago.

If you load a flycast game and then, for example, 240pSuite, you get something like this:

240pSuite-230414-162248

After restarting RA it gets normal again:

Seems to be more or less specific to GDV presets, reminds me somewhat on small black squares with mipmapping issues…

3 Likes

To restart retroarch, do I have to erase retroarch.cfg?

2 Likes

This would hurt a bit i guess. Closing RA and running it again was meant.

3 Likes

I did close and open it that after saving the preset, and still looks like that. I will try tonight to erase Retroarch.cfg and any cfg in flycast emulator and start again, if it persists, I will use STD instead of GDV and see what happens…

2 Likes

Flycast is always like this. But when other cores are used after flycast game then it also bugs some masks and a restart is needed.

2 Likes

Ok I restarted Retroarch erasing retroarch.cfg, also all cfg in flycast folder. I realised that the problem persists but in vulkan, if I use GLcore the shader looks ok, but the textures has bugs. So I don’t know what’s up with vulkan. With directx12 doesn’t work… Look at Sonic’s face and his left foot, has texture corruption, I wish on vulkan didn’t have the shader issue, on vulkan doesn’t have texture corruption

3 Likes

have you tried deleting files that have to do with the emu here?: \RetroArch\config\

2 Likes

Yes, I erased all the inside Flycast folder that’s inside the path you mention.

1 Like

I’m trying to replicate this issue, see if it’s also on my end, but the Drez doesn’t look like yours. Tried the GDV Mini at 4k with different core resolutions but still.

800x600 640x480 320x240

The Preset is from the Bezel shaders > Drez > Smooth ADV NTSC GDV 240p

2 Likes

I use MBZ_1_ADV_GDV-NTSC_DREZ_X-VIEWPORT_Y-240P INSIDE Base_CRT_Presets_DREZ folder