No Sound - cant find config.txt

I’m using the live boot function of Lakka. Seems to be working fine but I have no sound.

I’m using Lakka (live) on a 64-bit pc which is connected through HDMI to a receiver which is connected to the TV. I’m not getting any sound. I’ve read the FAQ that I have to add “hdmi_drive=2” to config.txt but I can’t find config.txt anywhere. Connect through SSH and searched the folders and also searched the USB Drive within Ubuntu (so I can read both partitions) but no config.txt anywhere.

Can somebody tell me where I can find config.txt? Or is it not present in the Lakka Live boot?

Hello erik070, you have the code:

sudo mount /flash -o remount,rw cd/flash sudo nano config.txt

you have to uncoment the last line or insert hdrmi_drive=2

if dont work with sudo, use without it.

Regards

Hello erik070, you have the code:

sudo mount /flash -o remount,rw

cd /flash

sudo nano config.txt

you have to uncoment the last line or insert hdmi_drive=2

if dont work with sudo, use without it.

Regards

I have a very similar setup to erik070 and have not been able to solve the problem.

I am using an intel NUC 64bit to run Lakka via a live boot USB I have no audio coming out of my HDMI when connected to a receiver. Also when directly plugged into the television, there is no sound.

Thank you for your reply saitoh00, I was successfully able to SSH into the Lakka and open the config.txt with your commands. However, there is still no sound when I add “hdmi_drive=2” to config.txt It is also worth mentioning, that before I added “hdmi_drive=2” there was nothing inside of my config.txt file. I’ve attached a screenshot to show what my config.txt file currently looks like.

Edit: for whatever reason, the attached file is much smaller than the original. Here is a link to the full res (easier to read): http://imgur.com/nsjjrOA

My config.txt have very much text thant the file you write…i dont know why…i use lakka for rpi2, but i try to use tomorrow the same (live) for x64.

Thanks for the tip, but like Alifeofratios I don’t get sound on HDMI when I change the config.txt.

I do get sound when I connect headphones to the analog output, so the sound works but Lakka is not picking up the settings to output to HDMI.

Hello, the config.txt thing is just for the raspberry, not the PC.

For PC, the documentation explain how to set the audio_device to point to hdmi or something else.

Followed Kivutar advice and the settings are indeed explained in the documentation (did not notice the “docs” links for some reason). But I still can’t get sound through HDMI.

This is what I found and what my config.txt looks like:

Am I missing something? Restarted the pc after the change I made in the config.txt by the way.

Hello, this must be put in /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and not in config.txt. config.txt is something specific to raspberry, and you’re on a PC. Don’t forget to stop the retroarch service before editing, OK?

Thanks, everything is working now

Good, I think we should allow selecting the audio device using the graphical interface in the future.