No sound

Im using Lakka via live booting on my acer apire one 725 laptop and I get no sound at all.I found some threads about also having no sound but that was using hdmi for connecting to a TV but im trying to get sound through my laptop speakers but it doesn’t work even though my speakers are all the way up please help.

Did you try to change audio device ? If it doesn’t work please provide some log (you need to access lakka command line interface to do it)

Thank you.

[QUOTE=gouchi;42575]Did you try to change audio device ? If it doesn’t work please provide some log (you need to access lakka command line interface to do it)

Thank you.[/QUOTE] When I try to change audio device it keeps saying Audio_device:command not found when I try to change it

When you launched Lakka go to Setting Tab > Audio > Audio Device…

Then what?

Did you the read documentation ?

“In recent versions of Lakka, you can go to the Audio Settings and switch the Audio Device using the left and right keys.”

[QUOTE=gouchi;42600]Did you the read documentation ?

“In recent versions of Lakka, you can go to the Audio Settings and switch the Audio Device using the left and right keys.”[/QUOTE] I tryed doing that but nothing happens

“If it doesn’t work please provide some log (you need to access lakka command line interface to do it)”

tryed getting a log but nothing happened and I didnt get the log.txt file

I am having a similar problem. I just loaded Lakka onto a brand new NUC 5i3ryh and everything is working except sound. In the GUI, under audio device, the screen dims a little and it just says “audio device” there is no changing it to anything. Under command line interface using aplay-L I get: Lakka:~ # aplay -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 1 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=2 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 2 HDMI Audio Output default:CARD=PCH HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog Default Audio Device sysdefault:CARD=PCH HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog Default Audio Device front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog Front speakers surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers

Simple enough, try them to find the one that works i.e. the HDMI ones. with every single of the options (even the non-HDMI ones) shown I get:

Lakka:~ # systemctl stop retroarch Lakka:~ # audio_device = “hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0” -sh: audio_device: not found

my aplay-l is: Lakka:~ # aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

This is my first attempt at using not Windows or a Mac so if I’m missing something big forgive me. And thanks for any help.

Please can you provide some log as specified im the thread.

After systemctl stop retroarch you need to edit retroarch. cfg (nano .config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg) and find the line beginning with audio_device.

By the way, did you try with latest nightly?

http://sources.lakka.tv/nightly/Generic.x86_64/Lakka-Generic.x86_64-devel-20160731114031-r21547-g170e484.img.gz

Because we have some fix for audio.

Thank you.

The nightly worked, thanks for the help. Had no clue about the nightly.

4 years later, same issue for me with the same Intel Nuc… I can’t believe nightlies solve the issue for you and didn’t work for me 4 years later… There’s something I don’t understand…

There are some tutorials posted here specifically for Lakka OS