NUC 11 - Networking not working (wireless or ethernet)

NUC 11 - Fresh install. Neither Wifi (no found networks) or Ethernet work. Going to information I get a loopback “Interface (lo):127.0.0.1”

Checked BIOS and ethernet is enabled. I would assume these NUC’s have a supported Network Adapter/Wifi.

Probably something easy I’m missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: USB dongle works fine in Lakka on this NUC. I’m installing Archcraft now and it found both the Wifi and Ethernet adapter.

So I’m thinking this driver just isn’t in the most recent Lakka image? RNUC11PAHi7 is the specific model of NUC. Hope this is helpful.

I spoke a little too soon. I’m having issues with the USB Wifi dongle as well. As far as on-board Wifi, according to this chart the AX201 wireless is supported as of 5.2. So it shouldn’t be a driver issue? Bluetooth works fine and I think they are the same device?

The wifi dongles I’m trying have issues as well. I can get them to scan for wifi networks, but trying to connect fails and then I can’t get Lakka to recognize the dongle again.

And all this with Ethernet not working. Very frustrating.

Here is a link to my logs, if anyone should care. In the hardware.log it looks like Lakka is finding the Ethernet device just fine, so I’m baffled why it won’t connect. Same with the on-board Wifi. The Wifi dongle I’m using is working, but is a little spotty. I have to reconnect on every reboot. If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EexSPdi5nxGp_f4HokWmGw-7rytryznz/view?usp=sharing

Here is a link to download logs WITHOUT the Wifi dongle attached. It was a little tricky as I couldn’t SSH in (no working network!), so I edited the command line of the boot loader and then generated them using the createlog script.

Hope that may help someone in a similar situation in the future to generate some helpful info.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KYN1-G3CaEuZp-k32WFmCPW2V0i36seb/view?usp=sharing

Just a quick update. I’m using a USB-C to Ethernet Adapter and it works flawlessly. So I think the problem must be in Lakka finding these particular devices on NUC 11’s like this one.