Odroid xu4

anyone have issue getting usb thumb drive recognized using lakka xu3 image on xu4?

usb thumb drive is formatted as NTFS, it is usb 3.0.

the usb thumb drive works with this distribution, http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=7322, but lakka xu3 image does not see the same usb thumb drive.

any ideas?

[QUOTE=cudencuden;29075]anyone have issue getting usb thumb drive recognized using lakka xu3 image on xu4?

usb thumb drive is formatted as NTFS, it is usb 3.0.

the usb thumb drive works with this distribution, http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=7322, but lakka xu3 image does not see the same usb thumb drive.

any ideas?[/QUOTE] What program are you using to put the image on the pendrive? It doesnt matter what format the drive has, as the .img overwrites everything on the pendrive. You should: use Win32DiskImager -> select the pendrive -> select the .img -> write -> safe unplugg. I found out that sometimes Windows recognices the pendrive as unformatted after writing .img, which is wrong. You should safely eject the drive as soon as it finish writing the .img. Let us know.

that’s my sd card. I’m talking bout my usb thumb drive

It’s the same, it doesnt matter if its a USB Drive or a SD Card. It’s the same procedure.

the odroid cannot boot via usb drive…i am not asking help in getting the lakka image to boot…to answer your question: i am using win32 disk imager (even the odroid edited version)…again…the lakka image boots up fine…i am asking why my usb thumb drive is not recognized (i put my roms in the usb drive)

Now I understand. Can’t help you. I suggest copying the images to SD using Network, it’s super easy. \Lakka\ROMS\ and you are done.

thanks but I prefer to have my roms/game images on usb drive

I have the same problem, I think it could be kernel think, but its still a work in progress and I think the lakka team will get there, but what roms I have played on my XU4, they run sweat

you can try this. http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=15302#p99467 …but i don’t have that problem…cause my usb drive detects fine with other distro

Do you see your usb drive listed when you do a lsusb in ssh?

yes. but when i go to browse for a rom manually…i do not see usb drive as option

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0781:5581 SanDisk Corp. Ultra
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0616 Genesys Logic, Inc. hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:028e Microsoft Corp. Xbox360 Controller
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Lakka:~ # Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Check that the udevil service is launched, systemctl status udevil This service takes care of auto mounting external drives.

[QUOTE=Kivutar;29241]Check that the udevil service is launched, systemctl status udevil This service takes care of auto mounting external drives.[/QUOTE]

i get this.

"Lakka:~ # systemctl status udevil
● udevil.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead) 

Unless you can’t get ssh to work nor samba on your main device. Not that I’m using an odroid xu4, just reading about what new hardware I should get. The point of this comment is to let the fellow noobs know to not get it because they might not be able to use samba nor ssh ergo it becomes not easy at all despite popular opinion.