Official release thread for WindowCast core

I tried that, doesn’t work sadly. It’s not a PC game though. It’s a modified version of the N64 emulator called 1964.

Then I’m guessing you’ll just need to enable some some of ‘background input’ setting within 1964 itself.

Seems to work now when I changed plugin from the mouse injector to Nrage. Now I just have to figure out how to change control scheme again :smiley:

There seems to be some major input delay though?

Just noticed here as well that the shader seem to apply to the whole screen including the bezel. Any way to change that?

i am guessing the input lag is something on your side …so far the games i tested don´t suffer from any major delay

1 Like

True, it was on my side, my whole RA setup was borked. Started over from scratch and everything is looking a lot better!

2 Likes

This is looking quite good!

Goldeneye N64 running in 800x600 in emulator. Downsampled to 480p. 60 FPS and dual controller setup :slight_smile:

Only thing I need to figure out now is how to launch RA with WindowsCast core and txt file as an additional app in Launchbox.

2 Likes

I should mention that everytime I use GLCore Retroarch Crashes and with Vulkan it runs 100% fine.

Edit: I went ahead and tested all the video drivers and Vulkan was the only one that it didn’t crash on.

2 Likes

Did you guys have any problems with the mouse input, or mouse cursor being captured while using it? With mini vmac I could not get the mouse cursor to appear in WindowCast.

so far i had non issues with the cursor :thinking:

I can’t get the mouse to work either. It seems the top most windows maintains control of the mouse. I haven’t tried changing any RA settings yet.

hmmm… in this case maybe mouse input works for me cuz i keep the game window on another screen :thinking:

I haven’t had any problems with the cursor and I have the Retroarch on top of the window being captured. Try to select Retroarch and then Ctrl+Alt+T to the captured window and click back on Retroarch on the taskbar.

I tested different ways and found that if you load through Retroarch and Ctrl+Alt+T to the captured window there will be double cursors. If you load Retroarch and have it set as the focus in the taskbar there is no cursor. The way I suggested is the only way can I can get the cursor to show properly without being on top. This is while I was using Chrome to watch a movie.

Tried something else real quick, if Retroarch is focused through Ctrl+Alt+T or just loaded the core there is no cursor either way.

3 Likes

yeah this i have also todo …

1 Like

I downloaded mini vMac to get a 1:1 look and the cursor captures fine. Just make sure you Ctrl+Alt+T from Retroarch to mini vMac and it should work fine.

Thanks for the tip… I didn’t even know ctrl-alt-T was a shortcut. I tried it and it does bring the mouse cursor to the WindowCast screen, even though the cursor is kind of choppy.

Hopefully, we can find ways to automate this stuff when WindowCast is launched. I set it up in LaunchBox so that it will launch the examples.txt with RA without having to load that file each time manually, but it seems to have problems loading without freezing if there is a saved shader being used… but that is probably another problem. I also am not sure how to get it to load the standalone window (PCSX2, mini vmac, etc) at the same time… which would be really cool.

1 Like

it works via launchbox for me :upside_down_face: i set the game as extra app

3 Likes

In the Readme under Tips and Tricks it says

“To enable playing PC games ‘in the background’ while RetroArch is running, this program includes a ‘topmost hack’ to make RetroArch appear above all other windows, while also ignoring all direct user input, and automatically focusing on the captured window (your emulator or game). Press ‘CTRL-ALT-T’ to activate this. If you need to change back to RetroArch, press ‘CTRL-ALT-T’ at any time to focus RetroArch again.”

1 Like

Cool… I will see if I can get that working. Thanks, P3st.

edit Ok, I can get it to launch before RA as an additional app, but RA just freezes on the taskbar again. Not sure why I’m having more trouble than other people, but I may have to let this marinate a bit.

what video driver are you using?

1 Like