Official release thread for WindowCast core

Well, when you asked that question I realized I hadn’t set the core to D3D, which the readme seems to say is necessary, but I am still having many of the same problems with it freezing on the taskbar. I’m gonna take a break with it for now and come back later.

1 Like

When you get back to it, I recommend Vulkan since that is the only one that didn’t give me any problems.

Thanks… that is what I was using before I just switched it to D3D. It was freezing on the taskbar and had weird black flickering boxes. Obviously, stuff no one else here is reporting, so it could be on my end.

1 Like

To clarify, setting video driver to D3D is absolutely NOT necessary to use this core. It works the same way regardless of which video driver you use. WindowCast does use D3D, but by way of it’s own private context that it sets up itself. RA can be set to whatever video driver you like.

5 Likes

I need to take 2-3 days off to play with this : Thanks again for sharing :slight_smile:

Overclocking by chance?

1 Like

That’s a good thought, but no… none at all.

I managed to get Streets of Rage Remake on Windows Cast. But I can’t get the controls to work. :disappointed:

Could anyone suggest what should I do?

This didn’t work for SoRR game!

Are you using the keyboard or a controller? I tried the game and the controls worked fine.

2 Likes

Using a Xbox wireless gamepad !

Have you tried to use the keyboard? If the keyboard is set in controls for player 1 than a controller won’t work.

Yes, the control is enabled and working normally outside of Retroarch. Keyboard doesn’t work either.

Not sure if this is necessary but disabling Pause Content When Not Active and in the Menu seemed to help in my case.

This core is truly amazing @IHQMD! You’ve breathed new life into my entire retro games library and more!

Thanks a mil!

CyberLab_Genesis_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC + CFRS_Mega_TV.slangp

5 Likes

I would suggest trying that. I set mine to pause when not active and it didn’t work. When I tried earlier it was set to off.

3 Likes

I tried this option, but unfortunately it didn’t work. I also tried window mode and full screen, no success!

Could someone give more configuration details? Which controller are you using (Wired or wireless)? Are you using one or two monitors? Operating System Version?

2 Likes

I have Windows 10 with three monitors and a wired 360 styled controller.

Tried my PS4 controller wirelessly and it worked fine as well.

2 Likes

Nothing yet! SoRR Game does not recognize the control with WindowsCast core running together, not for me :angry: I’ll let people try the core more often and maybe find the solution!

I think a couple people in this thread had mentioned multiple monitors. Maybe having the target window un-minimized on a second screen is the key?

Don’t the instructions explicitly say that the window can’t be minimized? In any case, requiring a second display would keep a lot of users from being abler to use this core.

1 Like