Overscan %? image-adjustment

I was playing Ocarina of Time, and noticed when you enter a building, you see stuff on the top and sides of the screen that you shouldn’t see. I tried using the overscan % within CRT-Royale, but it just messed up the shader that was looking great while integer scaled. I noticed you could crop the image by adding the image-adjustment shader.

It says “Don’t care” for both Filter, and Scale, should these be changed?

Also, when cropping, I would like to crop 5% of the image vertically, and 6% horizontally. The parameters show the crop as Overscan Mask, but it does not show a percentage. It shows up like, 0.00, so would it be 0.05 for 5%? If so, what’s the difference between the 4 different 0.05 that you can select? Why are there only 3 0.04 values?

I was also curious if it was more accurate to integer scale with the custom aspect ratio without pressing + on an XBOX controller when selecting the width, and height. What occurs while using Mupen64Plus-Next is that if you don’t press anything, it integer scales by 320x240, but if you press +, it shows a (x value) next to the width, and height, and scales by 640x480.

1 Like

image-adjustment is best used before all the other passes at 1x scale.

I don’t recall whether the 0.05 is exactly 5% of the screen or not. Seems likely.

2 Likes