P3st´s Overlays for Mega Bezel Shader (Arcade,TV´s ,and more)

hmmm tested an bezel for dragons lair …not sure about that …also my videofile “game” is going nuts :sweat_smile:

back to the preset stuff

made a new monitor overlay for the Automatic preset

• it keeps the same 2 reflection/bezel theme
  • gave the redone case a beige/yellowed color
  • the bezel is now more darkbrown/greyish ,
  • he badge on the top glass layer will show the system

i think this style should fit for 8bit micros AND 3dfx VOODOO era games and beyond^^

4 Likes

the badges i made for it or the systems i include so far for some i fused popular retro pc badges with the emulator or system name

6 Likes

some smaller changes on the overlay and some 4k shots

also so far everything is setup i just have to check the variation presets tommorow ,

and maybe i can upload a version in the evening :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Those badges are great.

2 Likes

P3st´s AUTOCONFIG preset

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qgmnq3xxvgxn2z6/P3sT-Autoconfig_test.7z/file

This is a test release and more a proof of concept what the wildecard feature can handle on its own

how it works

1. load one of the 4 variatons
  2. save as global preset (or as core/directory preset if you already use other shaders)
  3. done. ^^
info/readme

in order to work as it should you roms should be using the no-inro names

for the right Channel LCD/badge for the system you folder names should look like this,

• Atari - 2600
  • Atari - 5200
  • Atari - 7800
  • Atari - Jaguar
  • Commodore - 64
  • Commodore - Amiga
  • Commodore - CD32
  • DOS
  • Microsoft - MSX
  • Microsoft - MSX2
  • NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16
  • Nintendo - Nintendo Famicom Disk System
  • Nintendo - GameCube
  • Nintendo - Nintendo 64/Nintendo - Nintendo 64 - Widescreen (in case of hacks etc.)
  • Nintendo - Nintendo 64DD
  • Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo - Satellaview
  • Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo - Wii
  • Philips - CD-i
  • Sega - 32X
  • Sega - Dreamcast
  • Sega - Master System - Mark III
  • Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis
  • Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD
  • Sega - Saturn
  • Sony - Playstation
  • The 3DO Company - 3DO

if this is not the case you have to rename your folders/change the params in the Variations folder

when the rom names are not matching some features like the sinden border and cropping will not be load.

when the folder names dont match , the overlays still work but dont show the system/channel namer or badge

Following Cores/ports don´t work well with content-dir names so they just use their core name

• Quake
  • Quake II
  • Quake III
  • ScummVM
  • ECWOLF
  • DOOM (prboom)
  • DOOM 3

SPECIAL NOTES

you should use the default crop setting depending on the core it used it as a base ( besides PC Engine and Sega Saturn)

i just tested the cores mentioned before …the most things should work with other cores i think .

there are a few examples in the CROP folder , also a example the lightgun border in the SINDEN folder

more params for cropping and other features will come over time ^^

have fun

for now this is an example and i need feedback and suggestions for this

5 Likes

reuploaded the autoconfig preset fixed a typo with the dolphin flip param

Hey… just downloaded this. There were some duplicate name/overwriting problems when unzipping. Not sure if that will cause any problems with presets.

edit Just disregard… I opened it over the previous version. Sorry. :grimacing:

1 Like

yeah this uses some same files they cause no problem or conflicts.

i just made it standalone as an example and will add it maybe later the main pack,

when i have time to setup my arcade overlays the same way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

reuploaded the autoconfig file fixed the static reflection image scale on the widescreen params :upside_down_face:

screenshots from Paper Mario with MasterKillua´s texture pack and widescreen hack

i think it looks awesome ^^

2 Likes

Looks awesome! I do love me some GameCube :heart_eyes:

1 Like

^^…ughhh its not the gamecube game this is the n64 game :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh jeez lol!! Ok I love N64 aswell :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

yeah it looks really like the modern games with this ,even a bit more detailed / paper like textures as the gamecube game …

i was searching around for some intressting hacks found also conker uncensored text and speech , and widescreen and 60fps codes for it …

also an intressting but really early dev/demo version from an ongoing castlevania symphony of the night port …for the GAMEBOY :joy:

3 Likes

This thread continues to amaze me!

One thing to note that you may already be aware of, the perspective of the two arcade cabinets either side of the bezel is wrong, they should be rotated. Currently they are displayed as if you are standing directly in front of them which distracts from the realistic nature of the bezel. I realise this is probably not easy to achieve currently.

1 Like

i know i already have this in mind to change the sides/wings for the tilted arcade overlays

and will tackle this when i create the arcade autoconig stuff maybe next update …

but can´t say when i can do that cuz i have a busy RL next week ^^

2 Likes

I think we need to be careful when using these words. As artists we can do anything we want, even if it is divorced from reality, as long as it fits our vision.

If you would like to see something different, please phrase it as such. “I would like to see the perspective change. I think it would be more realistic.”

1 Like

it´s okay i don´t think he meant to be harsh …as i said i was also thinking the same for the tilted cabs .

just have to find some good art :upside_down_face:

the things is that i only have the front view image as resource, as you know :sweat_smile:

so i will try to merge this with the neo geo cab i made or something :thinking:

Just the other day someone was comparing my work to someone else’s in a post on my thread. He said he thought it was “better” than mine.

People have a habit of using that type of vernacular. And I think it’s important to educate them to do otherwise.

This type of comparison is why I limited my Amiga graphics to just one Amiga and one C64. I didn’t want anyone rudely comparing my work to @TheNamec’s work.

So my collection isn’t as complete as it could be…and that is not “OK”.

4 Likes