P3st´s Overlays for Mega Bezel Shader (Arcade,TV´s ,and more)

yeah i think there are systemfiles too

Yeah, I just had to disable the “allow rotation” in the RA core and then it looks like your screenshot above with no shader, then I enable the vertical rotation option in the FB core options (not sure if this was necessary), and then loaded the shader and it looked normal and was in proper rotation… think I just need to shrink the viewport a touch.

1 Like

you can the most off them are zoomed in a bit ^^ thats your choice , strange that it won´t work with mame for you cuz normally you could load up the presets with any core …

EDIT: you dont have to set the rotation in FB i set it to off …

1 Like

I could have been something on my end, but I’m not sure what. I’ll set the vertical rotation option back to disabled in FBN and play around with that core some. I may end up liking it better anyway… who knows. So, are you just loading up each preset, one at a time, for each game and then saving the preset for each game, or is there a way to load them up in batch?

1 Like

yeah fb is fine if you just want to play and load up arcade games casually

in the end i ended up using more than 3 cores for all my arcade games mame is running more games and give me options like using a steering wheel etc. than i i have still some games that only load via mess and dont forget ikaruga with the flycast core :laughing:

if i would know a way to load them up all at once i would include it ^^ idk you have to save them for each

1 Like

I did some minor tweaks to set it up to my taste (I’m guessing you and most people would hate the way I set it up), but I really like that you are keeping an authentic look. Looking forward to seeing more of the old school classics in your lineup.

Thanks again.

1 Like

glad i could “kinda” help you and set it as you like ^^ taste is different

1 Like

MAME (Current and 2016) handle rotation differently than all the other cores. MAME is automatic in the Mega Bezel, but the other cores take some special tweaks. There is info in the first post of HSM’s thread.

3 Likes

exactly the mame cores i dind´t use ^^

For MAME 2010 and FB-Neo, the relevant parameters are

HSM_ROTATE_CORE_IMAGE = "1.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_ORIENTATION = "2.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_MODE = "2.000000"

2003 just needs TATE Mode turned off in the core, then works automagically in the Mega Bezel.

3 Likes

yeah with this cores i made the presets a least the most of them. thx for the info

one of new the overlays that will be included as soon i update the pack (it will still take some time quite busy RL at the moment)

2 Likes

i think some consoles/games/hacks could use a widescreen variation or not ?^^

2 Likes

I was thinking that myself with some 16x9 videos.

1 Like

If you want, it should be possible to use the Image Fill mode = Split HSM_DEVICE_FILL_MODE and set up a preset which works for 4:3 and will expand when the tube aspect ratio changes. Here’s a something like this on one of the monitors used in @TheNamec’s pack.

Here are the parameters

4 Likes

oh nice to know i only had tried scale x options and this messed up the device overlay of course ^^ now i made an extra image but i will keep that in mind thx

btw that poor commodore monitor xD

1 Like

just a idea for later on …if i or if some people want to see the System/console too

2 Likes

4 Likes

some tweaks on the vector presets besides more stuff thats ready ^^ after changing the folder structure and adding the frontglas settings from the tv-overlays to all my arcade overlays. i just have to test them all now

2 Likes

Looks awesome. What settings are you using to get your vector games so crisp? Mine look fuzzy.