PCB for custom arcade stick recognition [BROOK UNIV.FIGHTING BOARD]

Hi Everybody, first post form a regular lurker. My quick question is: while everyone is working hard for finalizing Lakka 2.0 release, would be still time for adding support for this great board? http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/ As every good fighting games enthusiast knows, it’s a PCB mainly used for custom fighting stick and it natively supports PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One hardware. By now Lakka December 2016 release recognize it as PS4 controller but any digital/analog movement or button pressing doesn’t have any effect. The only way I found to make it work is to force the “Xbox 360 mode” by tapping P3 button while plugging the USB cable. It would be awesome to have the PCB automatically recognized as a working PS4 pad. Thanks

I have the same board, and it works with LibreElec and Retroarch (using this build).

Since Lakka is based on LibreElec, I would think it should already work.

Thanks for your reply. :+1: So the problem could be solved with the 2.0 Lakka stable release based on LibreELEC (instead of the current one based on OpenELEC). This makes me even more anxious to try the new Lakka asap :wink:

Quick update: Lakka 2.0 didn’t solved the problem unfortunately :cry: It would be great if a future update could address the issue. I may post a log or whatever may help, If needed. Thanks

Hi,

At first please try to provide some Lakka system and input device logs.

Thank you.

It looks like a mapping issue to me. What about disabling autoconfig and do a manual mapping instead?

First of all I do want to thank you the Lakka staff for the amazing job they did with the 2.0 release. Hi five to everybody :+1:

You were right @Kivutar, it was a mapping issue :+1:

I finally had time to try a manual mapping and everything worked … or almost worked. I mean the Brook’s board is now recognized (without forcing the x360 mode) but I’ve got two little issues:

1. I didn’t find a way to map the “recall menu” button on my stick PS button. I had to map it as start+select, there’s a way to have it mapped on a single button of my choice?
  2. When I plug the PS3 standard pad now the input mapping is a utter mess

If you have any suggestion about how addressing those issues, it would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can edit the profile with a text editor and add a menu_toggle entry with the id of the PS button.

You need a way to differentiate the two profiles. If they share the same vid:pid, maybe the device_name can make a difference.