"Pixel-doubling" setting supported?

I’ll be setting up an RPi 4 soon. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to pair it with a 4k display. I have to have Raspbian’s relatively new “pixel-doubling” option so that I can integer scale 1920x1080 to 4k.

Does Lakka support this feature? I have to have it OS-wide, not just within RA. In my case, it’s the difference between a crisp, pixel-perfect image and a blurry, migraine-inducing one.

RetroArch scales cleanly to 4K. Lakka doesn’t do anything but RetroArch, so there’s not really any other part of the OS to interact with directly.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m a newb to mini-distros like this, but that answers my question. Dual-booting Lakka and Kodi might make sense for me as I need both retro-gaming and multimedia playback and don’t really want to compromise by using RetroPie. I’ll do my homework. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just turn on “Integer Scaling” in the RA video options. That gives you pixel doubling.

i would also recommend forcing your pi to output at 1080p as it’s going to be a slideshow at 4k

If RetroArch is a slideshow at 4k on a Pi 4, I won’t be able to use it at all. My reason for needing integer scaling is how awful 1080p typically scales on a 4k display. Blurry upscaling literally makes me sick. I’ll just repurpose this Pi for minidlna and give it to my parents.

1080p will scale perfectly on 4k since it’s a 2x integer scale of it. i believe retroarch defaults to bilinear filtering on so you’ll want to turn that off, but it looks perfectly crisp to me at 1080.