Playing laptop over HDMI

I’ve set up Lakka on an old laptop of mine and everything has been going really well. Tonight I hooked it up to the tv for the first time and went into settings changing the monitor index to 2 which worked, lakka displayed to the tv.

First issue was no sound which I’m sure is changing a setting with command line. Not too worried about that at the moment.

Second issue is some of the cores will NOT play over hdmi. The SNES9x will play games over HDMi, SNES9X-Next does not. The PSX emulator also will not display over HDMI. Any time I try to play a game using these emulators (more might do the same, haven’t tested any more yet) it will switch back to the laptop screen showing the lakka icon on the TV.

Is it something I’m doing wrong? A setting I can possibly fix?

In case there is something I’ve missed please respond but I think I just had an epiphany. I have it set for Core Specific configs, I think its the auto index causing issues in those specific config files. I’ll delete and try again, see what happens!

Ok, final update:

It was the core configs. Deleted and all is working properly now.

Audio issue also fixed, did a search and found others having issues with ATI and sound over hdmi. Also found that a patch was made 8 days ago fixing the issue. Updated and all is well!

Hate to re-ask the same question yet again, but I’ve tried every solution in all these threads and still no sound from my htpc. Downloaded Lakka yesterday and installed on a 32 gb Sandisk usb. Win 10, Plex, Wii, Roku etc. all work fine and have sound. Lakka video perfect.

Intel I5 Gigabyte mb 1 year old 16 gb ram Nividia 770

aplay -L gives:

hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0 HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output

hdmi:CARD=NVidia, DEV=1 etc through 3

When booting Lakka when first installed no audio selections appear in the audio menu. I’ve putty/ssh’d into the config, and added the ‘appropriate’(?) lines multiple times. audio_device = “hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0” (then edited with 1,2,3)

I restarted Lakka without saving config and the audio device line shows up exactly as typed each change. But still no sound from any system. N64, NES, Genesis etc. games run perfectly and look great though, and xbox controller works dandy too.

I reinstalled Lakka three times on the usb card, reformatted from fat32 to ntfs (if that makes any difference at all). Adjusted all volumes multiple times.

Though there have been several threads on this issue, it seems not very common.

Might there be a specif place in the config I need to put the audio line?

Thanks for any other suggestions, again apologize for rehashing, but I really want this to work!

When booting Lakka when first installed no audio selections appear in the audio menu.

You can switch audio device in the GUI using the left and right keys.

There is just a blank space for audio device, left and right keys and controller left/right do nothing, there are no devices to switch to.

Just installed Retroarch in Win 10, no sound and no audio device found there either. With a game running fine and listening to a Youtube commentary on how easy Retroarch is to install (!) plus an mp3 playing in the background, the emulated game is merrily playing along in dead silence.

Guess it’s time to consider going back to the hell that is Hyperspin, argh.

Is it possible you try to make a test with latest nightly ? If it is still not working, can you try to provide a log ?

Thank you.

The latest nightly fixed it. All Nvidia devices showed up along with lots of others. It works well now, though Vetrex crashed, but I’m sure any other bugs are due to build. Thanks! Looking forward to next stable release!