Please show off what crt shaders can do!

If you’re talking about the presets above, it depends on @hunterk adding those masks to subpixel_masks.h. Otherwise I’ll have to insert those masks inside my shaders and it’ll take some time…

1 Like

Yeah, sure, we can add those.

Can anyone describe the pixel layout for them? like, is it just black, white? Or white, white, white, black, etc?

2 Likes

Don’t no if I understood your question, but the code for the masks are these:

else if(phosphor_layout == 22){
      // aperture_1_3_rgb; good for 1080p and lower 
      vec3 ap4[3] = vec3[](black, white, white);

z = int(floor(mod(coord.x, 3.0)));

weights = ap4[z];
      return weights;
   }

else if(phosphor_layout == 23){
      // aperture_1_4_rgb; good for 4k 
      vec3 ap4[4] = vec3[](black, black, white, white);

z = int(floor(mod(coord.x, 4.0)));

weights = ap4[z];
      return weights;
   }
1 Like

oh, you already have them ready to go <3. Sure, I’ll get it pushed up real quick.

I still need to update your shader to match your recent additions, but that’ll take more time. I’ll probably get to it this weekend. I need to do guest’s, too…

5 Likes

Don’t update my shaders on repo yet, as I’m working on them lately. Wait for when they’re more stable among releases, so you don’t waste your time. I think I need to rewrite some parameters, cut useless or obsolete options in the next weeks. I only need you to update the two masks in subpixel_masks.h so I can share the presets here.

7 Likes

ah, cool, thanks for the consideration. Just ping me when it’s ready, then :slight_smile:

I just pushed up the b/w masks but I am not able to test it, so just let me know if I typoed/broke anything: https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders/commit/14721633b2afc91673487906f04752b9bc1b46c2

4 Likes

Tested here and it works as expected.

So I just included the two presets with these trinitron masks: crt-hyllian-22-06-10 - slang.zip

Some shaders were updated too as the parameters range should be increased.

OBS: only works if you update subpixel_masks.h from the repo. See hunterk’s post above -> Please show off what crt shaders can do!

5 Likes

I took a look and tried to download this repo and I get an empty folder…

3 Likes

I have updated my Reshade github repository with some shaders which allow nice mask and other effects.

The 2xScaler can be used for aa-smoothing, but will probably add a simpler and faster shader.

Example:

6 Likes

Oops. Should be all set now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@guest.r Thank you for the 2xScaler shader. Now my VHS shader doesn’t need to be blurry as shit to hide low res textures!

VHS Shader (with 2xScaler) :

VHS Shader (Old) :

RAW (No shaders) :

Any interest in making a 4x or even a 8x version? Will they look any better than the 2x version?

5 Likes

Lol it’s been a while with these shaders, i’ve probably meant “2d” instead of “2x”. The kernel itself is arbitrary though and doesn’t require a specific rendering ‘multiplier’.

3 Likes

im sad most of those great shaders are based of ntsc svideo or composite.

i think rgb scart with pal and secam need some love.

Wow, this is a great improvement!

Is this in slang? Or Reshade? Or Both?

4 Likes

Thanks. My VHS Shader is ReShade only. I’m not sure RetroArch has all the shaders I use for this effect.

Oh, and if you were asking about the 2xScaler (or 2dScaler) you’ll have to ask @guest.r for it.

3 Likes

The NTSC/PAL effects are currently back in vogue but are thankfully quite self-contained. Just replace those passes with the ‘stock’ shader.

2 Likes

Looks funtastic!

Now that we’re all in the same room, I wonder how difficult it would be to see HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack ported to ReShade since CRT-Guest-Advanced has already been ported?

3 Likes

i do not understand sorry

Presenting CyberLab Wii Slot Mask!

Note: You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

4 Likes

Man, I loved playing this game at release day. I had since forgotten about it. I think I’ll try to give it another go. I never had luck with the dolphin core in retroarch, though. :blush::thought_balloon::sailboat::palm_tree:

2 Likes