Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Hi thanks again. Is your shader exist for 4k displays? Thanks

1 Like

See this post I made earlier:

How to make them work in 4k.

1 Like

Thanks I will give a try regards

Imitating Trinitron colors on Android with crt-sines. Android looks different than PC so had to use something like color-profiler to tweak hue and every screen is a bit different than another.

4 Likes

After these days of rest, I made a new preset based on my old presets, but I made a few tweaks. I wanted to make it a bit more realistic. Your opinions are always welcome…

2 Likes

@Hyllian I wanted to experiment swapping out the LUT pass with the grade shader. Came out interesting I think.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/91u8q4j509yflp2/crt-royale-1080p-v9-grade.slangp.zip/file

Place preset right into the shaders folder

5 Likes

Nice! It looks like the LUT-1 (ntsc from guest).

Though the preset got the default royale params.

1 Like

Thanks lol. I tried copying over everything you used for the “bloom” preset but it wasn’t coming out right for some reason, the diffusion setting was still showing that weird “halo” that you spoke of around things so I knew something was off so I ended up just doing my own custom settings and leaving other settings that you may have tweaked on default. I switched the first LUT setting (enabled it) in the grade shader and that made a world of a difference in colors. I might try switching that in my presets next to see what happens as well.

Also @Hyllian is there a way to make a 1440p version? I saw in another post on how to do the 4k variant (haven’t tried it yet though). Curious because who knows, this may become a new project to go along with the guest presets. Guest and royale presets together sounds nice actually.

I would just disable vertical curvature and lower horizontal curvature a bit to avoid you know what from occurring but that’s just me.

Other than that, it looks pretty realistic to me.

Looks nice and sharp in the screenshots as well.

1 Like

Never tried. If you’re interested, you can tweak that same parameter I mentioned to make it work in 4k. So you can find a good value for 1440p. I’ll only work in 1080p for now, as it already encompass a lot of presets and next version will have a ntsc variant incorporated.

1 Like

I lowered down curvature and strengthen scanlines a bit. Does it look better now?

6 Likes

Definitely. I’ll put this all on the back burner for now and come back to it when I’m ready to go into “lab mode” and really start turning knobs in royale. That preset above was me just testing the waters since I’ve never managed to get grade to play nice with royale before your custom royale version came along so it was nice to finally get that to work. I will be on the look out for your ntsc version though.

1 Like

Most definitely but of course with these things there are always compromises so you have to be the one to decide which compromises you’re willing to accept.

For example, I can see the bloom/glow in between the “phosphors” in the background, for me, that’s a no no but then if you lower those settings, things might get darker.

So it’s really about what looks and feels good to your eyes and what you are ultimately trying to achieve.

2 Likes

I like both, But the one with curvature I like it better, I find it that masks pop out better and looks stronger with curvature 100% maybe is my perception, I don’t know why and I don’t mind if on the sides are not that straight but think is going to be the main one, and the other one I’ll make another preset. Thanks for your opinion as always. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can also try this.

Or this

As a matter of fact one of these might eventually make it into the repo as a replacement for the existing NTSC Adaptive.

There was one setting I had to tweak though for the Resolution Scale to play nicely and work properly with Super-XBR.

1 Like

I got my eye on that first link there. So you’re saying I should be able to make a Hyllian version ntsc-royale variant by just apply those passes before the Royale passes? Sounds like a interesting experiment.

It works for Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor so it should also be able to work for CRT-Royale once you get your Scale settings correct in the passes.

This has already been incorporated in several presets so you shouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel.

The issue I had with Super-XBR was that there were separate passes for the spline16-x and the spline16-y but the scaling setting was only correct on one of the passes.

1 Like

I see. I’ll have to check this out then. Royale became fun to use again thanks to Hyllian and with the grade shader in the mix.

New release: crt-royale-1080p-v10

• Adds a NTSC preset.

10 Likes

Lol damn that was fast. Good stuff I’ll give this a spin soon.