Please show off what crt shaders can do!

It’s just harder to see…

Possibly or it could be a scaling or rendering artifact. You might need to increase the Integer Scale to the next step to see if it goes away but it could also be a precision related bug.

2 Likes

I’ll leave it as it is, I can’t do anything about it then. I don’t won’t to be messing much now, I don’t want to go back and forth, I like how it looks. This doesn’t bother me much, because at least if I don’t make zoom, I can’t notice it at all.

2 Likes

There are so many variables; I wouldn’t worry about it if you can’t even see it :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, this doesn’t really seem like any fault in your settings. It’s more like something to be submitted as a possible bug report and hopefully the cause can be understood, explained and resolved.

1 Like

Testing out flycast, definitely too heavy for an Haswell igp to run fullspeed, but it is still playable.

3 Likes

1 Like

These seem a bit dark.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, If I tweak from the computer, it looks brighter and that’s why I lower down the brightness and then I can’t notice it until I check it on Mobile phone. It’s easier for me to tweak on the mobile phone, it’s easier to see the errors. Now looks better😅

4 Likes

fake-crt-geom with new scanlines

9 Likes

What is the parameter to increase the brightness? The shader looks very good, but I see it a bit dark.

1 Like

Sorry, I will update with time, I’m always improving. Raise mask gamma to 4.95 and set gamma correction to 0.80.

1 Like

Now Improving 4K setting.

8 Likes

Makes me wanna play golden axe just now, nice shades, nice contrast!

You’re definitely following the right track, not so easy as it sounds.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how these look on your screen but they look very dark on mine. I remember not too long ago you did some Golden Axe screenshots. To me they were probably closer to where they should be in terms of brightness and the overall look was spectacular and impactful. Do you remember those?

I also know that people experiment with Shader parameters sometimes and that can often be the best teacher.

Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Yes I do remember, I did it with the old mega drive setting I think. But other settings I didn’t touch by then. Don’t worry, I haven’t finished tweaking 4K yet, but I will improve brightness, it’s just my 4K monitor it’s bigger, brighter, and sometimes I don’t calculate brightness very well. Another thing is, that it’s easier to for me to lose mask strength on 4K. On 1080p happened the same with the brightness, and now I’ve improved 1080p like this:

4 Likes

Thank you. I need to improve brightness on a 4k monitor. Maybe because it’s a 10 bit display and I should set it to 8 bit display like a mobile phone display I suppose, so it doesn’t decieve my eyes in terms of brightness wider gamut or whatever it’s called :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand and I know it’s not always easy to get these things just right.

Wow! These are amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you! :grin: You’ve been a lot of help! Remember that. :grinning: I just needed a little advice to achieve this, and you have given me a lot of help. With 4K maybe I should set the monitor color to 8 bit instead if 10bit, on my monitor looks good, but once I look onto the mobile phone, it looks darker, inthe ither way round doesn’t happen 1080p looks good on 4K. That’s thebonly thing I will continue to work.

3 Likes

Let’s see how it looks now on 4K:

CRT Guest Advanced Shader:

Mega Bezel STD Super XBR NTSC:

6 Likes

You’re welcome.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate this.

I’ve noticed that Super XBR darkens the image slightly when turned on. Have you observed that as well?

1 Like