Please show off what crt shaders can do!

I know perfection doesn’t exist, but at least colours look almost similar. Thanks

4 Likes

ntsc-ompuco and crt-sines, glsl

2 Likes

Are these the Shaders that you’ve been hard at work on porting from C to GLSL?

Finally I achieved what I was looking for :grin:

10 Likes

This comparison is phenomenal!

Congratulations!

4 Likes

No this is a different port i did from Shadertoy to GLSL, it’s a pretty cool shader, try to play with settings a bit on Retroarch. It’s not far from the real thing comparing with some captured (SNES at least) Composite signals.

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XlsczN

1 Like

First participation, I’m a beginner, I don’t know much about it. I had to search for a lot of information to learn and understand how to create a shader. I’ve gone through the forum extensively, I’ve made a first attempt. Here’s the result in a photo. I would just like some feedback to improve. I specify it’s been at least 1 month I’m on the test lol

10 Likes

Thank you very much!!! :smiley:

1 Like

You are welcome!!! Enjoy the forum.:smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what you’re trying to improve but from the looks of things you’re already off to a great start. I see you’re using mask 6 going with the aperture grille look, mask looks nice and sharp popping out the image which I love, scanlines look thick and sexy and the image looks vibrant ready to take on any game you throw at it.

1 Like

thank you I think added a geom crt surely

1 Like

I’m not sure, but by saying “mask 6” you mean guest’s shader? I think what @bactino is using is royale, Am I wrong?

Also @bactino, nice and bright preset! I think @Hyllian was “cooking” something similar and can give you good advice!

1 Like

Yeah, if look at my smooth preset, it looks similar. Dunno if you began from there. Anyway, the screen look great!

I intend to mirror the LUTs used in Royale so that the mask6 look correct in most monitors. I wonder what’s the proportion of RGB displays over BGR ones. Royale’s original LUTs are set for BGR monitor, so I think RGB is more often seen around.

2 Likes

Yeah I assumed it was guest.r’s shader when I typed that up

1 Like

yes i used the royal

2 Likes

good jobs crt-royale-1080p-v6 I just tested it I love the bloom effect

2 Likes

Fantastic representation! I Want!

2 Likes

some sharpness improvement and the transparencies are still holding up :partying_face:

Just using guest’s ntsc shader without any other passes.

7 Likes

Tomorrow when I have a moment I will update these settings on My thread. Stay tuned!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

System: Playstation 1. Game: Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. Shader: crt-royale-ntsc-svideo (default settings). Core: Beetle (software). RetroArch, Windows 10 64x. Resolution: 8x native (2560 x 1920).

2 Likes